diesel

S600 Will Not Power Up

Has been in the field a year now and was working great. It is a Yeti fast hack.

Will not power up if you jump the wires or if you push the button .

I went to discharge the flash and did not see any spark . ( if Jon was here I would see if he would put his tongue on it )

Should I have 3 volts at my red power wire ? ( The red wire that goes to the yeti board ) I do not .

Fuse Maybe, I would check to see where they are and check.

:P

Red and black should give you 3 volt (at least that's what I think and you know me...). Possible corrosion in the battery container?

Edited by IroquoisArcher

If you have externals check there to see if you have power coming out of the camera to them. Try pulling the tabs up a smidge on the battery door. After removing the external batteries of course.

Edited by speed2spare

Like S2S said, if you have externals see if you have volts at the external holder. When you close the battery door does the little red led on the back of the camera by the battery door blink? You may have to be in a dark room to see it, it's pretty faint.

Thank you for your help guys.

Yes I have voltage where I connect my externals .

No LED light does not blink or come on .

Check to make sure the lens door ring gear didn't move and that all the wires to the board from the front cover (or the jumper if you used one) are still attached.

Will it power up in review mode or not at all?

Edited by johnnydeerhunter

Mr. Diesel,

I have had two S600's with Yeti boards do the same as yours. They were hung working and when retrieved had pics but were DOA upon retrieval. Never could get 'em to work again.

Guess I'm just letting you know that you're not alone. I do not know what happened to them.

Check the fuses. I guess it could also be a bad switch block/button board. The contacts are tiny but there are alternate solder points where that white ribbon cable attaches to the board. You could find the correct contacts and jumper them carefully with a pair of tweezers and see if it powers up that way. One other thing to try is scrubbing the boards with denatured alcohol and a tooth brush. I had a p41 acting the same way and after trying everything else a good scrubbing fixed it up. Must have been some corrosion somewhere that was keeping it from working properly.