speed2spare

Crossbow Vane Rubbing

I have noticed the left side of the cock vane on all my bolts are heavily rubbed. I don't really see anything on the shafts though. What if anything is this telling me?

Not a crossbow shooter but it sounds like maybe the nock could be out of alignment or if you are have the vanes on helical that might explain it.

Bow is an Easton X-Force 500LX, bolts are cheap wal mart Surge I think, that I put blazers on with a straight Arizona EZ fletcher. Maybe I do have the nock alignment off one click on the EZ fletcher. I have been shooting 175gr field points.

I just received 6 Cabales Stalker X-bolts. From talking some with Buckhunter1, I am going to get the EZ fletcher bolt arms and put the Blazers on these with the helical.

Accuracy isn't terrible right now I am freehanding about 3" groups at 40 yards. And that could be me as much as the bow. Would I ever try shooting 40 yards at a deer probably not but it is fun with the target. Wish I had more roomd to back up. Common sense just tells us any rub on an arrow isn't helping anything.

Sounds like your on the right track, check with Mr Diesel, he's forgot more about crossbow's and bolt's than I'll ever know!

Bruce you are way to kind .

Make sure the blazers are not rubbing in the bottom of the track they do on an Excalibur and a Ten Point so they may on yours as well. Does sound like the nock alignment may be off. 175 gr. tip should have good FOC Looks like JDH and buckhunter 1 are on the mark like always.