351Archer

Ssii Battery

If a guy wanted to do away with the little battery on the ssII what would be a good replacement. AAA? How high can you go on the voltage for this board?

I will be the one to ask the obvious. WHY get rid of the tiny battery? They last forever and take up no room.

X2.....and not expensive either.

Yes I agree the tiny battery is nice, but when you need one and don't have it on hand. It would be nice to be able pick one up at the store rather then ordering one on line. So far haven't found any local. Tryed the cr2 3v battery, that didnt last long at all. All my other cams are powered by AAA, this is the only one with a odd battery.

Just thinking about making it run on a different battery that I always have on hand.

Yes I agree the tiny battery is nice, but when you need one and don't have it on hand. It would be nice to be able pick one up at the store rather then ordering one on line. So far haven't found any local. Tryed the cr2 3v battery, that didnt last long at all. All my other cams are powered by AAA, this is the only one with a odd battery.

Just thinking about making it run on a different battery that I always have on hand.

That makes sense. Never really thought of it that way.

I would use 3 batteries so you get 4.5 volts. It will run on 3V, but if it drops to say 2.9V then it will probably start false triggering. That's what has happened to a few folks with the CR2's.

So Gary would an SSII run on a 9V battery without frying it?? Just curious......

Thanks Gary!!