• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

ko4nrbs

Otterbox 3500 Source ($15.00 Each)

10 posts in this topic

I know what you mean about the 3250. I ordered three from Newegg, they sent me one and charged me for three. I don't care for their customer service, if you can even call it that.

Good price on the 3500.

I know what you mean about the 3250. I ordered three from Newegg, they sent me one and charged me for three. I don't care for their customer service, if you can even call it that.

Good price on the 3500.

I just got a USPS tracking number from them. Looks good so far.

The 3500 is still in production or at least it is still listed on the Otterbox web site. Looks like it will be my go to box for now. Just a little more expensive than a large Wally box. They are $9.97 each at my Walmart.

Bill

I just got off the phone from ordering 4 of the OB 2500's from this sight. Very nice person I talked to there. Just a heads up for you all. The boxes they have listed as OB 2500 have extreme on the cases which is different from what we are used to. I asked about that and was told that there was a buy out of some kind with the OB tooling .And these extreme cases are made in china. So my guess is these are OB knock offs and not OB boxes. Either way I ordered 4 of the 2500's for $49 shipped to my door. They are $21/ea on Ebay so I am taking a chance with them. Had to get them in blue to get that price though.

Just sharing what I learned. So you know going in what we are dealing with.

Communications from the Battery Station in reply to my email:

On 09/16/2013 7:39:04 AM, Bill Smith (ko4nrbs@yahoo.com) wrote:

Are these boxes knock offs or real Otter boxes?

http://www.batterystation.com/ottercaseindex.htm

Thank you,

Bill Smith

Claremore, Ok.

Answer from the Battery Station:

We don't sell knock offs. These are made on Otters original Colorado tooling. They have since come from other places including China. These are made from the 10 year old tools. So they are "original" but not identical to the current line.

Kevin

Edited by ko4nrbs

Communications from the Battery Station in reply to my email:

Answer from the Battery Station:

We don't sell knock offs. These are made on Otters original Colorado tooling. They have since come from other places including China. These are made from the 10 year old tools. So they are "original" but not identical to the current line.

Kevin

Which is to say they are knock offs, or possibly clones is a better term. If they are if fact not made by Otter or marketed by them, they are not Otter Boxes IMO. May be perfectly fine, and maybe Otter still controls the quality of the production, but who knows?

Their ad leads you to believe they are factory fresh Otter boxes like you would get anywhere else. At least that was my understanding judging from the pictures and description. This leaves a little bad taste in my mouth but for the price I'll give them a try.

Before I pass judgement I will test them for leaks. If they pass I'll try them in a build and see how it goes.

Bill

Their ad leads you to believe they are factory fresh Otter boxes like you would get anywhere else. At least that was my understanding judging from the pictures and description. This leaves a little bad taste in my mouth but for the price I'll give them a try.

Before I pass judgement I will test them for leaks. If they pass I'll try them in a build and see how it goes.

Bill

Yep, if they are manufactured to original specs it will be a heck of a deal.

As per the distributor, Battery Station, these cases are manufactured by S3 who bought the molds from Otterbox many years ago.

http://www.batterystation.com/otter3500.htm

I have several of them and in 3 years have had only one leak.  Looks to be self imposed as the gasket was pretty well filled with dirt, etc.

S3

https://s3cases.com/s3-case-line/t3500-protective-case/

Bill

Edited by ko4nrbs