Sign in to follow this  
dgrad

Droptines Buck

11 posts in this topic

I posted pictures of this buck on here last year. Tonight was the first time that I have seen him this year. We live n a creek bottom in the mountains, and this buck lives here on our propetry.We have four sets of sheds from the buck, and I have not seen him snce he lost his antlers last winter. I feed the deer at a mineral lick that is 150 yards from our house. Tonight when I went out to take my dog for his walk, I decided to check this camera. I was happy to see the buck had just left, and we probably chased him away I don't think his antlers are as impressive as last year. This pic was the buck last November

post-5081-1381222981_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

Tonight's pictures

post-5081-1381223178_thumb.jpg

post-5081-1381223245_thumb.jpg

another

post-5081-1381223380_thumb.jpg

Deer of a life time in my book, I would move to the woods when the season opened, :D thanks for sharing!!

He's probably getting old enough that his antlers are starting to diminish -- if he survives another year his next set of antlers will probably be less impressive than this year's.

I am not a deer hunter, and I have actually protected this buck by not allowing deer hunting on our property. But this year I have decided to let my neigbor's son try to harvest this buck. I showed these pictures to him this morning, and he was excited. Our deer season opens Saturday, so I set four more cameras today, one camera at another mineral lick nearby, and three cameras on trails that lead to these licks. This buck will not be easy to harvest. I live with the buck, and I have only seen him twice in daylight hours the past four years, both times right at dusk. But hopefully, I will have more pctures of him soon.

Bob

Edited by dgrad

WOW just WOW!!!

Impressive indeed! Thanks for sharing........

Edited by jayber