fireman43

Vacuum Sealers

I really like vacuum sealing my game, fish and store bought bulk food but I am just about fed up with food saver products. Ive been through several of them, from the cheap ones to the so called professional types. I just had my last professional one crap out for good and the cheap counter top one is driving me insane not sealing bags and costing me extra money wating bags that it just doesnt like for whaterver reason...

Been looking at the expensive cabelas brand sealers, The Weston brand (think they make cabbalas?) and the ones from LEM.... anyone have a GOOD sealer they like and have had for a while? I need to bite the bullet and get one very soon.

I will be watching this thread, I am not totally happy with our food saver that we bought at Costco about 5-6 years ago, I see they have a different unit now for sale and I think it looks to be a better unit.

I don't know if you have Menards in your area, but they have a brand of seal bags that work very well, in fact better than the food saver bags and if you watch sales or they have 11% off sales you can get them almost 1/2 price of the food saver ones.

Whatever you buy make sure you report back, I am sure ours will be going bad sooner than later.

It looks like Cabelas has a different sealer now. The old one was a cg-15 which is the same as the weston pro 2300, the new one is clearly different and it has quite a few bad reviews - for what they are worth.... Did yours look like the weston?

Im a little leary of trying the new cabelas one.

I have a Foodsaver one, not sure what model its a few years old, and I haven't had any big problems with it. Sometimes it can be a little fussy though. I only do a couple deer a year plus any fish or pheasants so its not a whole lot compared to some.

I decided to go with the Weston pro 2300. Lots of good reviews on it, seems to be a unit that *should* hold up over time.....

It is a bit pricey - most places have it for $399, but I found it at thehuntersbutchersop.com for $349 with a 8"x50' roll of bags and free shipping.