TCSCOUT

Sj1000 Hd Video Cam's

I got this new little HD Sports Video cam that I'm going to put in one of my old builds. The build was a DXG-125 with the CCTV lens that I could never get the focus good for both day and night. Focus it for day and night was out, focus it for night and day was out. Those CCTV lens work great for me in my DXG-567 and Jazz builds, but not in the 125's.

So I got this little cam I'm going to put there and see how it works. Just going to be a Day only cam at first, then I might think about making it a day/night cam, will have to see.

The clear waterproof case fit right in the hole I already had so I'll use that to hold my camera in place. The camera can be use as a web cam, sports cam, and it's made to use in a car. When plugged into the car cigarette lighter, or whatever they call that now, it will automatically start to record when the car is started and turn off when the car is turned off. So I did some testing and looks like I will be able to use the charging board that was in the car ACC plug and use that to have the camera start and stop recording. This way I won't have to go into the camera to hack it for recording.

I already tried it with the cord and some batteries and it works so I don't think that will be a problem. Should be a quick build for a Day only test because the old build has everything I need already in there.

Here are some pics of it. you can google it, it's on ebay, youtube etc.

Here is my test video, does not look as good as before I uploaded it, but not bad.

http://vimeo.com/82132619

post-5460-1387337755_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1387337778_thumb.jpg

2 more pics

post-5460-1387338023_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1387338033_thumb.jpg

Last 2 for now.

post-5460-1387338107_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1387338116_thumb.jpg

video doesn't look bad, I think because your walking with it, have any where the cam is mounted still with something walking around in front of it? could tell then if it any focus issues. just a thought.

video doesn't look bad, I think because your walking with it, have any where the cam is mounted still with something walking around in front of it? could tell then if it any focus issues. just a thought.

Not yet, I just took a couple when going to the mailbox. It was very cloudy, and I was not holding it steady like you said. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it connected to the board and get a better video. I uploaded the same video on YouTube and it sucked. Vimeo looks better but not like it did before I uploaded it.

Vimeo said I needed to change the format of something, anyway, I hope to have something better tomorrow?

I sure like that it shows the time and date!

I like that too. Don't know if its going to be a good trail cam yet. Think I will try to get some day only videos and see how the look before I go inside it and maybe screw something up. The deer all seem to be hiding from me but the turkeys are still out there. I'll see if they like it :)

Made some progress on this today. I mounted the charging board that will start the camera recording by using the USB plug on the camera when it is powered on. It's the board under the AIO board with the red LED on it. I drilled a hole in my cover so I can see when it's on that the camera should be recording. Don't need it but I know that when the red LED is on the camera should be recording.

To the left of that is a BF Sister Board that I use to switch power to the charging board. The charging board is for use in a automobile, it charges the camera and when the car is running it starts the camera recording, when the car is off it stops recording and turns the camera off. So by using the USB plug, when I put power to the charging board by using the Sister board it will control the camera.

No need for power high, pause, power low, pause, shutter high, pause, shutter low, pause to record and then all that backwards to stop and turn it off.

Just Power high and it starts recording, pause for how long to record, then power low to stop recording and turn off the camera.

So I tested it today and it worked. My plan is use it like this for a while and if all goes well maybe turn it into a day/night camera.

It still has the Array amp and Exchanger board to the right of the AIO in the case, I'm not using those. If I decide to go with a day/night setup then I might need them, so I left them in.

Only took 2 test videos today after I got it all together and programmed. Took it to the farm and hung it on a tree already LOL, to see if I can get a real video.

I know speed is a big deal to some guys, if you want speed then you don't want one of these. It's about like the DXG-567, not like the DXG-125, I didn't check the timing I guess because it automatically turns on and starts recording on it's own. I would guess it's about 3 to 4 second? I'll check that next time I have it in.

Here are the boards mounted in the case.

post-5460-1387413600_thumb.jpg

This shows the Red LED from the Charger/Control Board on and the camera turning on.

post-5460-1387413612_thumb.jpg

I'm uploading one of my test videos I took today with it in the case hanging on a pole. After if finishes and processes I'll post.

Nice job TC!! Always enjoy seeing your innovations.

Anyone looking for more information on this camera, here is a link to a comprehensive review:

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6/9/sj10...ion-camera.html

For your next project would you please use a SVC200. You can turn that one on and start recording with a magnet! :)

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/11/10/sv...und-so-far.html

Pretty sure I saw that one. They did that so the waterproof case wouldn't have to have a hole in it to push any buttons. You know, I was thinking about that when I saw the video, probably the one your talking about, and I thought instead of moving a magnet wonder if you could just use a electric coil for a magnet.

So far I like this Little SJ1000. But I know it won't be long and I'll have to tear it apart to look inside and see if it can be a day/night camera :lol: .

Yep, that's the one I saw, I would like it better if the camera lens was facing out the front. Would fit in a case better, guess it depends on what one would want to do with the build though.

Edited by TCSCOUT
Saw the second video

Well I guess Vimeo still limits the number of HD videos you can upload. What is it? 1 in 24 hours? This looks pretty good, but much better in HD on my computer before Vimeo converts it. Still looks good for a less than $80. to your door camera I think? Maybe I'll get lucky and get something on the camera tomorrow? If I do I'll post it in HD.

By the way, some of these are listed as 120 degrees and the one I got was listed as 90 degrees. I got the 90 hoping it would not be a fishbowl type video like most really wide angle cameras do. Plus if I make it a Day/Night Camera the light will fit the framing better.

Here is the video, wish it had stayed HD.

https://vimeo.com/82243527

Thanks for posting that second video looks great! Any idea how close and how far you were?

I'm going to guess about 8ft to maybe 40ft? When I put it out it had a small memory card in it and I couldn't remember if I left it in the review mode, so I went back, swapped the card and checked the settings. It recorded me checking it. I should have faced it away from the sky probably? Videos will look better when I get it located better.

Think I'll check it tomorrow and see if I got anything worth posting?

I like the ultimate camo, blends in pretty good.

post-5460-1387645676_thumb.jpg