TCSCOUT

Sj1000 Hd Video Cam's

Thanks for replying. Tried to PM you but inbox full.

I saw that, it's got some room now.

I got a couple of daytime videos with this cam. Not the best subjects but it's about the only thing moving in the daytime right now :angry: . So far the control part of the build is working really well. I'm going to the IR hack on this one and see how it works out? Here are 2 videos, I think it was a little low to the ground, I'm sure it will look much better after I get some bigger game and the cam setup better.

Watch it in HD if you can.

The front cover is metal. The speaker and mic solder pads are easy to get to. I miss the sound so I'll do a mic hack, maybe amp later on after I check the IR out. Here is a pic of the inside front. I already unscrewed the lens and put another one in so I'll be testing the IR pretty soon.

post-5460-1389663787_thumb.jpg

Did the IR hack to this cam. The lens is a screw in M12 lens, so I just put a 3.6mm bullet lens with the built in exchanger in there. Since I took it apart I also did a hardwire hack using a servo connector. Took a few low quality pics along the way with my cell phone for future reference.

post-5460-1390163300_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1390163394_thumb.jpg

It has two boards that plug together, a top and bottom board. The CCD/lens holder just plug into the bottom board. If you pull that off pay attention to what is the top and bottom. I put it back on upside down and had to take it apart again to turn it over. The solder points are very easy, plus has battery pads on the board clearly marked if one wanted to use them for externals. I chose not to for now.

One warning. When you pull the top board from the bottom board have to be careful, I pulled one of the pins off the bottom board. Luckily it soldered back on pretty easy.

To mount the servo I just used a dremel and cut away the area where the speaker was and some of the bottom of the camera. Then I cut a little hole in the bottom of the waterproof case for it to stick through. Worked real nice.

Basically this is still in the testing mode. I did take some IR video with it before I had a chance to focus the camera and using another build for the array. So I'm not sure how the IR will be yet? I think it will depend on how much light it has and how wide the array will spread. The one I used looked to be a little narrow, but I'm not sure yet, hard to tell when holding the camera in one hand and the array in another build in the other.

This was the first test with IR. Sees the light pretty well, the view might be too wide for the Array or could be the way I was holding the Array in one hand and the camera in the other. I'll have to test it with some other arrays and see. Had not focused it yet either, just wanted to see how well it can see at night. Looks like it might work pretty well after I get the focus and Array set?

Here is a test with the bullet lens exchanger switching to IR. I have also connected an external microphone without an amp. Sounds pretty good to me. I might not use an amp on this one is the sound is good. I didn't set the time or date on the camera, but you can see it has that capability, which is nice to have.

Excellent, what are you using for array? sure throws the light, daylight looks excellent also, one more what is the f-stop on that lens?

Excellent, what are you using for array? sure throws the light, daylight looks excellent also, one more what is the f-stop on that lens?

The Array is 6 1watt Star Luxeons with 90 degree lens. I tried a Bigfoot Array tonight and it does a good job too. I have the exchanger working and the focus is real close. I'm going to test it in daylight tomorrow again then again at night, I'll see if I can post a video tomorrow night with the bigfoot array.

This is the lens, it's 3.6mm, but I don't know what the f-stop is. I thought it was maybe 2 or 2.5, but I can't find that information now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-6mm-IR-Cut-B...=item35c94fcba4

The Array is 6 1watt Star Luxeons with 90 degree lens. I tried a Bigfoot Array tonight and it does a good job too. I have the exchanger working and the focus is real close. I'm going to test it in daylight tomorrow again then again at night, I'll see if I can post a video tomorrow night with the bigfoot array.

This is the lens, it's 3.6mm, but I don't know what the f-stop is. I thought it was maybe 2 or 2.5, but I can't find that information now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-6mm-IR-Cut-B...=item35c94fcba4

I figured F-stop maybe high, can you post link for lens and emitter I need array alternative, also if I buy lens holder the lens holder from sight can that lens be adapted to DXG567 like BB224 lens? Thanks

I figured F-stop maybe high, can you post link for lens and emitter I need array alternative, also if I buy lens holder the lens holder from sight can that lens be adapted to DXG567 like BB224 lens? Thanks

Mark, that build has 6 of the star luxeons that bulltalk65 bought as a group buy a few years back. It has 2 750ma coldfusionx pulse drivers. The lens are 90deg clear plastic lens mounted in black plastic holders. I looked for the drivers and all I see right now are 950ma drivers, they probably have the 750's but just not listed on eBay right now. I have 6 "D" Batteries powering the whole build, board, amp, array... 6 "D's" make it pretty heavy, it's in a large wally box. This setup works great, it has a DXG-567 with the Bullet Lens Day/Night Exchanger built in the lens.

Seems when we find something good, it gets discontinued or hard to find. Not all that cheap to build, 6 LED's, heat sinks, 2 drivers ....

I saw this one on eBay and have it here. It's 12 volts, not sure what voltage you normally use? I'm going to try it out when I get a chance. Maybe you would be interested? The price is good, even though they increased it a little over a dollar since I bought mine.

Mine is 90 degrees

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-Waterproof-Ca...=item4acad54fae

Saw this one after I bought mine, might have bought this one instead. Has a choice of degrees.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12W-Array-5050-SMD...=item27db45dcd6

or this one? 80 degress

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-Security-Came...=item485b6e337d

I'm almost ready to put this out for testing. Took a couple of test videos today with the lens focused to what seems to be pretty good for both day and night videos. I did not do a sound amp hack, just installed a external microphone, glued to the inside bottom of the case. Seems to be working pretty good, better than the other video cameras I have tried this with.

The daytime videos look pretty good to me. The night time are not bad, but could be better. I think the plastic snorkel, (black ring) on the outside of the water proof case is casting a shadow from the array? It all seems to depend on the surroundings of the camera. Maybe I can cut the ring down, (make it thinner) or take it off and make one from something thinner? Better yet, I can take it off and test it without the ring on there and make sure that is what is causing the shadow. The lens had a very wide angle and that is why I think it is picking up the shadow from snorkel ring. If you look back at some of the pictures I posted you can see the black ring I'm talking about on the waterproof case, that is what I think is too thick and causing the night videos to sometimes have a shadow around the edges.

Here is the Day & Night video test.

Hey TCscout

has that 3.6mm bullet lens been used before? the exchanger built iin like that is pretty neat, I mite try that on one of my CVS corders. how are you switching it's day/nite settings?

thanx, as usual, u do good work

Tin