TCSCOUT

Sj1000 Hd Video Cam's

Hey TCscout

has that 3.6mm bullet lens been used before? the exchanger built iin like that is pretty neat, I mite try that on one of my CVS corders. how are you switching it's day/nite settings?

thanx, as usual, u do good work

Tin

I have used it on the DV-150 Jazz, DXG-567 and now the SJ1000. Works nice on all three of these for me. But I use a 6mm lens on the DXG-567. It works best when the exchanger is powered with 9 to 12 volts to the exchanger board, and using a signal to the board of 3 to 4.5 volts to switch it to night. I power the exchanger board only to switch it to day, then when night I power the power the board and put the 3 to 5 volt signal to switch the filter.

On my Bigfoot boards I power the exchanger with the same power to my amp, this will switch it to daytime, then I have the signal wire connected to the signal that turns on my array on. So with power to the exchanger board it will be in day mode, but if the array is on it will switch the filter to night. On my AIO builds I switch the power to the exchanger off after it switches. If you decide to get one I can send you my schematics and codes to use pick from them what you might want to use.

Roger

Here is the lens, you can get the exchanger board from them for $4.00 extra. It's noted in the description somewhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-6mm-IR-Cut-B...=item35c94fcba4

Have not had much time to play with this lately. I wanted to try it with a 6mm IR lens that I use on most of my video cams so tonight I gave it a try. Just focused it inside the house and took it out for a quick test. The focus must be pretty close because it looks good. This is the SJ1000, 6mm IR lens and bigfoot array. I'm still trying to decide how I want to go with this build?

Just in case anyone is interested in this here is the video.

Looks better in HD if your computer will play it.

That looks great,very clear,just your date is off.

Sure is, I must have thought the 12 was /2 when I was setting it. :ph34r:

That looks great,very clear,just your date is off.

Nope, That's just Roger....way ahead of his time!!

Great looking video!

Well I did it again, forgot to correct the date on the camera LOL.

Just want to add this video to show what the daytime video looks like with the 6MM IR lens. The previous video was the same lens at night, with the same focus setting. Doesn't look like the focus could get much better, but this was the first setting I tried and it looks good so I didn't try to adjust it any better, yet.

The first half is with no changes to the video and the second half is with a modification to the color using a white balance control in a video software program to corrects the colors in a video. The colors are not too bad they all look pretty normal in the second half except for the green colors.

So this is with a 6mm IR lens, no exchanger. Try to view in HD if you can.

Also the sound is with a external mic and no amp.

So is the MTV mount 12MM diameter?

Yes they are, this is from the Security 2000 page, see at the top their definition of the MTV lens.

I have not tried a 4.2mm lens like these, I have used the 3.6, 6, 8 and even a 12. The 4.2 might be what I'm looking for to use in the SJ1000 camera. I have a couple on the way now.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/categori...MTV-Mount-Lens/

Is that or can a remote be used with sj1000,I would love to get one if it comes with a remote,I see it has WIFI capabilities can it be used to turn it on?

Is that or can a remote be used with sj1000,I would love to get one if it comes with a remote,I see it has WIFI capabilities can it be used to turn it on?

It doesn't come with remote capabilities, you could hack one and make it work but that would take extra controls, batteries and stuff.

The ones I have bought don't have WIFI, mater of fact I have not seen that yet but I think the RC Club that uses a lot of these cameras mentioned that they might be coming out with that. Do you have a link where you saw one?

My mistake on the WIFI it was another camera that looked like the sj1000 that has wifi, what are your thoughts on the SJ4000?

My mistake on the WIFI it was another camera that looked like the sj1000 that has wifi, what are your thoughts on the SJ4000?

I just watched the review on the SJ4000

It's pretty much got the same features as the 1000, probably has the same chips? The lens looks like the one Mark posted earlier, a few post back. Probably has the 12mm / .5mm threads like the SJ1000, but I don't know.

The one thing I would like better would be if the power button was on the side or back, then you could glue the waterproof case right inside a build and still get to the power button.

The videos would probably be about the same as the SJ1000. The SJ1000 cover just snaps on, I guess this one does too? It also starts recording after you plug the USB cord in, so it could be connected like I first did using the car charger. Looks like they cost about $30.00 more than the SJ1000 right now?

I bet they pretty much the same as the SJ1000, with a different lens and made to look like the GoPro camera? It looks just like those GoPro Cams. Some of those have the remote and WiFi I think, but the really good ones are over $300.00, close to $400.00 I think?