TCSCOUT

Sj1000 Hd Video Cam's

Here is another one I came across on ebay what are your thoughts on this one,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Body-Heat-Motion-De...=item2332e2b973

Big thing about TC's is 1080p resolution if you have the money I would get the same one I think he just unscrewed the stock lens and put in the IR lens.

I have been wanting to try this one but just dont have the cash right now I am laid off in the winter.

Here is another one I came across on ebay what are your thoughts on this one,

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Body-Heat-Motion-De...=item2332e2b973

Big thing about TC's is 1080p resolution if you have the money I would get the same one I think he just unscrewed the stock lens and put in the IR lens.

I have been wanting to try this one but just dont have the cash right now I am laid off in the winter.

I agree with Mark, the video is not going to be as good and those little IR LEDs can't do much, especially with the little battery in the camera running them.

What Mark said about just swapping the lens is true, however it depends on which lens you use. The 3.6mm just screwed in, but the last lens I tested was a 6mm lens and it would not focus so I had to add on to the lens barrel to get it farther away from the CCD. It was an easy fix though and looks good.

I decided to put the exchanger like we use one the A503 on one of my SJ1000 cams so I can swap out different lens. I have a 6mm in there now but have a 4.2 coming that I want to try. The exchanger turned out pretty good. I tested it for some daytime videos but not IR yet. Hope to do that tonight.

post-5460-1392676558_thumb.jpg post-5460-1392676649_thumb.jpg

This was my daytime test with the A503 type exchanger from Security 2000. It has the 6mm IR Mega lens on it, same lens that I used in the previous video but without an exchanger. One thing I like about this camera is you can adjust the exposure and it will stay set. For testing I'm leaving it at 0. I tried it though and it works and stays set. Here is the test video. the tag numbers are easy to read.

Much better, other lens video does not look to bad till compared to what you have now, good choice no sense in degrading that 1080p quality

Here is the night video test with the same exchanger and lens. Focus could be off a tad but looks OK. Snow on the ground doesn't help either. I have just one more lens I want to test on this camera. It's the same IR Mega Lens as this one but it's a 4.2mm lens. Not sure if it will focus with the exchanger in there, might not be able to get it close enough, I'll give it a try when it gets here.

The first half of the video is with 0 exposure adjustment and the second half is at +1, it can be set to 0, +1/3, +2/3, +1, +4/3, +5/3, +2 and the same settings in the - direction. This might be a good tool for a weak Array? You can see the difference in the two videos I took here. Neither of the videos are edited, I usually convert them to B&W but I left them as taken. Pretty sure I can get the focus a little better too. I'll wait until the other lens get here and fine tune the focus after I decide which one I'm going to use.

I see you've got it in a 1040/1060 case,will it all fit in a 1010 case?

I don't think it would fit in a 1010?

This is a day only cam, pipe through, BF Board and a 3.7 volt li-ion external battery for the SJ1000. If you got creative maybe you could get a bigfoot array in this, but it wouldn't be easy.

Probably the 1040 would make a nice day only and the 1060 a good day/night?

post-5460-1392769791_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1392769891_thumb.jpg

So I see your using a case in a case,why is that?

It just makes an easy way of holding the camera in the case. Just drill the hole for the SJ camera case lens to fit into and goop it down. Then the camera can be put in the clear case and closed to hold it in. I like doing it this way instead of packing foam around the camera, using rubber bands or Velcro or whatever to hold it in. Also the only hole in the clear case is at the bottom for the wires so if any water was to leak inside the outer case it should still stay dry. If you don't use the clear case it won't gain you much room anyway, you would still need to find a way to hold it in there and that's going to use some space too.

It works for me but there are other ways. You could just use the front half of the clear case and take the back half off, that's another option?

The camera is not very big in length and height, but it's a little wide (Fat) LOL.

Great looking setup.how much would you say you've got into this camera so far?

You would have to ask that, :o . When you buy a part here and there you don't realize how much it cost you. The SJ1000 ($80.00 shipped) is the most I have paid for a camera to put in a trail cam. Sort of bumps the cost right up there to start with. The Day night build has a AIO board and the Day only has a BF Board. I had to use a relay to trigger the record for the SJ1000 just like the DXG-125 does. The Opto's would turn the camera on but would not start the record, so it has the 5 volt radio shack relay added. I don't know if they all would be the same, but the one that I used the Bigfoot Board for had to have the relay. The AIO is using a diode in the power wire and a mosfet for the record. But they both work fine.

Also you have to remember I using the BF Array on the Day/Night, there not for sale anymore unless you buy them from someone who has some stashed away. You could cut corners on this too, I used the 1060 and 1040 pelican camo cases, you could use something cheaper. I added a pipe through, alignment mount for the bigfoot, Externals for the SJ Cam and so on. I'll post the estimates for both the Day/Night 1060 cam and the 1040 Day only, then you can add or subtract from it to get an idea of what it would cost you.

I'm going to put down the BF Board for both builds even though I used the AIO on the Day/Night Build. The reason I used the AIO on that one was it was an old build that I was not happy with and modified it to fit the SJ1000. I may have left out an item or two but it should be a pretty close estimate. Maybe the price of the cameras will come down? Might be a while though because the RC Group Guys are using a lot of these in there RC Planes and Copters. Now looking at this is going to cause me to back off of building for a while :blink: . You had to ask.

Here is the Day/Night 1060 Build Estimate

1060 case $38.00

BF Board $45.00

BF Alignment Mount $4.00

HPWA Fresnel $7.00

6 Wire Servo $11.00

Pipe Through $5.00

SJ1000 Cam $80.00

External Mic $4.00

BF Array $20.00

(2) 4AA Bat Holders $4.00

Bark Biter Bracket $10.00

External 3.7 Volt battery /holder /Charger $7.00

Exchanger & IR Lens $10.00

IR lens $5.00

Total $250.00

This is the Day Only 1040 Estimate

1040 Camo Case $34.00

BF Board $45.00

BF Alignment Mount $4.00

HPWA Fresnel $7.00

6 Wire Servo $11.00

Pipe Through $5.00

SJ1000 $80.00

External Mic $4.00

Bark Biter Bracket $10.00

External 3.7 Volt battery /holder /Charger $7.00

Total $207.00

Any pics of the hack Roger?? Are you running it on the regular DXG125 program on the BF or did you have to tweak it?