TCSCOUT

Sj1000 Hd Video Cam's

Yes please post some day and night videos when you get some.

I am using my servo exchanger on mine. However that should only affect day videos? The ir filter switches I front of the camera when day. When it's night the ir filter gets moved out of the way. So I don't believe the exchanger will affect night time focus???

I had a DXG-567 like that and it worked fine. But it's got the bullet lens exchanger now.

I'll post some videos when I get some new ones, putting 2 SJ's out today. I don't have feed out and don't know what's out there, so give me a while, hope something comes by.

Also I can't get on the site from my home internet, got locked out again, going on 48 hrs this time!

I was looking back at some of your videos and I noticed that your night time videos are black and white???? Mine are purple.

did you use some editing software or anything?

also my timestamp is on the bottom left of my video and yours is on the bottom right???

Yes I changed them to B&W with software on the computer. I don't know why mine is on the bottom right and yours is on the left. I put my camera out upside down once and the writing was still right side up, think it was still bottom right? Then I used software to rotate the video 180 degrees and it moved the writing to the top left I think? But it was now upside down.

I got my cams out now to see if I can get anything on them to post. I'm going to try to stop after work one day this week and get some corn to put in my feeder.

I was looking back at some of your videos and I noticed that your night time videos are black and white???? Mine are purple.

did you use some editing software or anything?

also my timestamp is on the bottom left of my video and yours is on the bottom right???

Lv2Hunt, I know you have been waiting for some SJ1000 Videos. I have not gotten much of anything worth posting. The farm has corn standing, tall grass and lots of leaves on the trees, makes it harder to get much without putting out some corn or salt blocks. I just have not had time to do that. When I did go down there and put the cams out the chiggers tore me up :angry: I will get some later on.

I did take one of my SJ1000's outside yesterday and put it on a tree in the yard. Took a daytime video, then after it got dark took a night video. Normally I convert the night videos to B&W like you said. But I left this one as it was taken, no modifications to these. Here is a day video and a night video from the same camera, never moved from the tree. I have the videos playing side by side at the same time. I think the camera was focusing on the tree limb on the left there, but they both look pretty much the same, I think, as far as focus goes. I know the videos can look a lot better than these are, and I'll get some better stuff later. Just thought you might be interested in seeing this one until I get some real live game videos.

The Night video seemed to be adjusting the light as I moved back and forth? If there were a few leaves and limbs over the area it would be brighter, but it was pretty much open right there.

SJ1000, Security Cam 2000 exchanger, 6mm IR lens, 1 bigfoot array, AIO Board, all run on 4 2X2 18650 batteries (Total voltage approx. 8 volts).

Try to play it at 1080HD Theater Mode if you can. As always they looked a little better before using the software to convert to one screen then uploading to YouTube.

Looks Great, you should post the other one too, the one by the water hole, it has some nice closeup videos if I remember?

Tscout. Your night videos look much clearer than mine. Myself and a friend have the same problem with trying to get the night videos clear.

We use the same lens you do. The only difference is you use a a503 exchanger. we bought a longer mount so that the lens could focus. Your a503 exchanger is mounted on top of main board so there is a big distance between the CCD and the lens. We bought a longer mount to make up the difference. When I foucs it for day the day videos are crystal clear. But the night isn't???

I use my servo exchanger not mounted to cam.

My friend uses a a503 exchanger not mounted to cam.

However the exchanger is not in the way of the lens when dark so I don't see why the exchanger would cause blurry videos.

How do you focus your camera??

During day or night??

Tscout. Your night videos look much clearer than mine. Myself and a friend have the same problem with trying to get the night videos clear.

We use the same lens you do. The only difference is you use a a503 exchanger. we bought a longer mount so that the lens could focus. Your a503 exchanger is mounted on top of main board so there is a big distance between the CCD and the lens. We bought a longer mount to make up the difference. When I foucs it for day the day videos are crystal clear. But the night isn't???

I use my servo exchanger not mounted to cam.

My friend uses a a503 exchanger not mounted to cam.

However the exchanger is not in the way of the lens when dark so I don't see why the exchanger would cause blurry videos.

How do you focus your camera??

During day or night??

I understand what your saying. You have a filter in front of the lens for daytime and nothing in front of the lens at night. You would expect the focus to be just as good at night as in the daytime. I don't have an answer, I would expect it to be good too.

If the focus was good at night and bad when you put the IR filter in front for daytime then you might think it's because the lens if trying to focus on the glass, but since you can focus your daytime videos with the IR cut filter in front then that doesn't seem that would be the problem.

I had the same troubles with the DXG-125. I tried a lot of different things but never could get the day and night focus to be what I wanted, could get one or the other, but not both. I'm wondering if it's because the exchanger I'm using has 2 filters? One IR cut filter for daytime and a clear one for night? It's not just a clear filter but a special anti-aliased filter for IR? I remember reading about how the IR anti-aliased filter works before, I'll have to see if I can find that again and post a link to it.

It takes some time and patience to get one of those Security Cam 2000 filters (A503) in the SJ1000. I had grind out the inside of the camera front cover and cut down the exchanger/lens holder so that the exchanger was sitting flat on top of the chip on the top board of the camera. It's a tight fit. I have 2 cameras with this setup and they both give me the same results.

I focused mine for daytime and that was it. The Night videos looked pretty good so I just left it. I think the focus could be a little better if I tried some more. I normally turn the lens right until it starts to get out of focus, then left until it starts to get out of focus, then I put it in the middle of the 2 points. You can also connect it to a laptop, take it outside and use the camera as a PC Camera. That works pretty well too.

You could try to put it between the daytime and night time focus, but if your focus is that much different for day and night then it probably wouldn't help. I tried that with my DXG-125 before but it didn't work, both were out of focus and I wasn't satisfied.

I'm going to look for that article I read or another one like it on the filters for day and night (anti-aliased) and see what it said.

Lv2Hunt, I did some searching on the internet and besides mine having a clear filter for night videos, the other difference we may have is the array. They say the biggest problem with daytime color and night IR focus is something they call "focus shift". Here is a shortcut to one article on focus shift, but there are a lot of others too.

http://www.cctv-information.co.uk/i/Resolv..._of_Focus_Shift

One option that is suppose to help is to use a IR corrected lens. They are pretty expensive. Maybe worth it if it does a really good job, but if it doesn't then..... The ones that fit our camera were about $35.00 I think? Not a lot of them with the correct barrel size and thread but I did see a few.

Back to the array. The Bigfoot array is 650nm, that's what I'm using. Lower the nanometers the less focus shift you get. The higher the nanometers the more focus shift. I don't which LED's your using. I know a lot of guys have been using in the 800 and 900+ nanometers because you can't see them glow. I have some with those too. But my SJ1000's have the 650nm Array which is closer to the visible light that the camera can see with the filter, so it would have less focus shift. The lower the nm rating the closer the daytime and nighttime focus will be, higher nm the farther away the 2 focus points will be.

Just an idea, I don't know what LED's you are using. If you are using over 800 nm, then maybe try one in the 600's if you have one. Maybe you could just hold it beside the build and see how it works?

post-5460-1408925711_thumb.jpg

I am using a BF array also. When I get time I will try and play with focus at night. However doing this is going to make daytime blurry. I will atleast try and fine tune mine a little more. No sure why we are having problems with our setups.