Sign in to follow this  
irbowhntr

What Do You Have

So I got my ar built but have4 no sights yet.. dont know if I should get some flip up sights ...looking for a scope in the 200-300 dollar range saw in nra magazine the konus pro t30 is decent...what do you guys have on your ar's

I've got a Konus on my .22 and it does the job well. Definitely cant go wrong with Vortex. What are you using it for?

Just shooting targets and some coyote and pig shooting...Maybe out to 250 -300 yds

This is the biggest dilemma with using one gun for multiple purposes (I have the same problem with my .308). Ideally you would want a high power, preferably fixed, for target shooting and a lower power variable scope for hunting. I took my .308 deer hunting this year which has a fixed 10x (I intended to only use this for target) and it works great for those 200yd shots but I had a very nice 4x4 30yds away and could not find him in the scope. I just cried as he ran away after standing there for a good minute or so, plenty enough time to get a shot if I would have brought a different gun. Now if it was my only AR and I had intentions of hunting with it I would buy the Vortex Viper PST with the EBR-1 MRAD reticule. I personally prefer MIL over MOA, but go with whatever is comfortable. Since you are using it for hunting where quick range estimation is a must definitely make sure the reticule matches the turrets.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex...reticle/reticle

Another good scope is the Weaver Tactical series. I like the EMDR reticule but they don't make one exactly the way I would want it. Their 4-20x model would work for you.

http://www.weaver-mounts.com/optics/tactical/

Last time I looked the Vortex was more expensive and I found the Weaver for ~$700. That was quite awhile ago though so I am sure things have changed.

Since I got out of Air Force and left Montanta in 93 I have only been bowhunting... So now I am getting this ar set up and it has been fun I say target shooting but really dont know how much of that I will do pigs and coyotes will be most use I believe... I was gonna make a 25-06 when I was shooting all the time in Montana and my Bro in law gave me a mauser last year for Christmas so I can start on that now to.... and will have to breakout my reloading stuff too... it will be fun getting back into all of the gun stuff