ko4nrbs

Lighted Nocks?

Neither, I don't mess with lighted nocks. I tried them and they were not for me. For visibility I fletch my own using a bright arrow wrap, fletchings and nock. I can see these in flight with no issues, but that's me. Please report back if you give the lighted nocks a try.

Also, with the arrow wraps it makes it a little easier to identify what kind of 'blood' you have after the shot. It sure beats a black shaft.

post-8074-1389619597_thumb.jpg

post-8074-1389619641_thumb.jpg

Here are some white wraps with a different combo.

post-8074-1389619698_thumb.jpg

Hey Bill, definitely not trying to derail your topic here... Just thought I'd share a few pictures to add to the "visibility" discussion.

Curious to see what other members opinions are with the lighted nocks too.

Neither, I don't mess with lighted nocks. I tried them and they were not for me. For visibility I fletch my own using a bright arrow wrap, fletchings and nock. I can see these in flight with no issues, but that's me. Please report back if you give the lighted nocks a try.

Also, with the arrow wraps it makes it a little easier to identify what kind of 'blood' you have after the shot. It sure beats a black shaft.

post-8074-1389619597_thumb.jpg

post-8074-1389619641_thumb.jpg

Here are some white wraps with a different combo.

post-8074-1389619698_thumb.jpg

Hey Bill, definitely not trying to derail your topic here... Just thought I'd share a few pictures to add to the "visibility" discussion.

Curious to see what other members opinions are with the lighted nocks too.

I appreciate your feedback!! Can you explain how you use the wrap and where you get it? It looks like a good way to go.

I'm interested in how it is installed on the arrow.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, I get all mine from Onestringer. Found them over on AT. Great product. I am in no way affiliated with them.

Here is a direct link to some "how to" videos.

http://www.onestringer.com/index.php?page=mods/Video/index

You can than navigate their site to their products to see more information.

Once the shaft is clean, I put the wrap with the adhesive side up on a computer mouse pad. I then roll the shaft over the wrap. The wrap is cut to whatever specs you want. I like wraps for fletching removal too. Once you pull the wrap, the fletchings come right off too, no issues.

Here is another "after-the-shot" picture. I mention this as I feel it is important to think about what your arrow shafts/wraps/fletchings/nocks will look like after the shot.

The fletching were white / chartreuse... :D

For me, it gives me valuable information prior to tracking a deer.

This picture shows a 25 yard pass-thru, right through the ribs. Plenty of bubbles showed up on the wrap, so I knew it was a good hit.

I'm guessing lighted nocks would make it easier to find your arrow after the shot? How long do they normally stay light-up?

post-8074-1389633526_thumb.jpg

Bill, I get all mine from Onestringer. Found them over on AT. Great product. I am in no way affiliated with them.

Here is a direct link to some "how to" videos.

http://www.onestringer.com/index.php?page=mods/Video/index

You can than navigate their site to their products to see more information.

Once the shaft is clean, I put the wrap with the adhesive side up on a computer mouse pad. I then roll the shaft over the wrap. The wrap is cut to whatever specs you want. I like wraps for fletching removal too. Once you pull the wrap, the fletchings come right off too, no issues.

Thank you!! Makes a lot of sense. I've also did more research. The wrap looks like the way to go. Don't want to loose arrows.

Bill

I tried the nocturnals and was not impressed ! It is cool to see your arrow in flight the nicks I have you couldn't see them unless it was low light conditions. You defy get what you pay for.. They changed my point of impact aswell the fit tighter on the string than did my stock nocks I wasn't really interested in sanding the nocks to get the right fit chunked them in the bow box. I personally dont use. Wrap or anything now other than white blazer vanes.i believe the higher end lighted Knicks would be better just not paying 80$ for them

Not the best pics but this is with the nockturnals. I haven't had any issue with change of impact, I think the earlier models there was issues. I wanted to use the green but they weren't as bright as the red. I had translucent goldtip green nocks on the arrows that I could see really well but wanted something I could find easier. I hunt at my uncles farm and didn't want to lose a broadhead in the hay fields, I figured if the arrow got lost in the tall hay I could go back at night and find it. These nocks stayed lit for days, I found that out when I put them on my practice arrows and just left them on. The arrows in the picture are dipped in yellow paint, airbrushed with green and then crested.

NCM_0268_zpsa30406fb.jpg

I tried the Nockturnals this year and they do work but most of my shot were during bright daylight hours so they didn't matter anyway. I have a video a buddy and I made with his GoPro just at last light and with the GoPro you can slow it down and its crazy the way my arrow wobbled. Anyway, I bought them because I film my hunts and wanted the camera to have a better visual of the arrow.

I do both. Hi viz fletching and lighted nocks. As for the nocks I use to use nockternals but they had some QC issues when rage first bought them out. I understand that has changed. I use Two guys archery nocks now. Pretty much same as nockternals.

I am a fan of lighted nocks, it is nice to see the point of impact and locate the arrow after the shot. Sometimes bright fletching doesn't do enough IMO.

I have used lumenocks for my crossbow and they seemed to work well.

I used nockturnals for my bow this year. I shot a buck, had a clean pass thru and lost the nock (it was on the arrow when it hit the deer). I was not happy in the least with that. I sent an email to them about it and never got any reply at all, which didn't impress me either. After doing some reading, it seems the best thing to do is to secure them in with a dab of glue. Also with the nockturnals they are easy to activate when you nock the arrow if you aren't careful, to reset you have to lift a switch in a small hole on the nock - which is kind of a pain.