dgrad

First Test Pics

. This camera has to be hacked, it is awesome. Timimg on this camera is right at 1 second, maybe a tad faster. It's faster than the W290. I decided to brave the cold tonight for a few pics, but I didn't last long. It's hard to take pictures with gloves on. I walked down the creek to the bear tree where I like to test new cameras. I took a couple of pics as we followed the trail down there. The camera was on automatic. and I assumed it was using ISO 800 for these pictures. There are two auto settings on the mode dial, intelligent auto and superior auto. I had the dial on superior auto, and I don't know the difference between the two autos yet. but the camera used ISO 1600 for all of the pics but the last one I took. I am using ISO 400 with the H90 and like those pics, so I took one pic with ISO 400 for comparison. Then I came home to get by the fire. I found out today, that I can't even watch this AVCHD video on my computer until I get a RAM memory upgrade. The highest resolution setting of the three settings is 28 megapixels. My computer can't handle that. My computer is ten years old, so I might buy a new one this spring I can watch the MP4 videos, and the highest resolution setting for that is 12 megapixels 1440X1080. That's an upgrade over my other cameras. I won' Tomorrow I will get some videost be able to run r this camera on superior auto because ISO 1600 has way too much flash. I might go back out later and try intelligent auto and see if it uses ISO 800

post-5081-1390542539_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

ISO1600

post-5081-1390542702_thumb.jpg

ISO 1600- Bear tree is 12 feet and the other tree is 21 feet. This way too much flash for this set. Most pics will be 12 feet and closer. I didn't realize the camera was using 1600 until I put these on the computer. it will take a bit to figure this camera out

post-5081-1390543099_thumb.jpg

post-5081-1390543255_thumb.jpg

Only pic using programmed ISO400

post-5081-1390543945_thumb.jpg

This is looking like a great Camera , as the pics are very Good. I see it needs a snorkel.

Speed seems intriquing. Curious to see some lower ISO pics when you have a chance. Good feedback from this camera.

John sitting down trying to hold the camera against a tree where I mount my camera on this set. I went back out last night and took more pics. This camera is totally awesome and makes everything I own obsolete. Sony has a new software that replaces the PMB software. I was upset because the software did not come with the camera. The software is in the camera. You connect the camera to your computer and download it. I am not going to take a chance on messing this camera up so I am not going to hack it. This camera is in mint condition. I am buying another to attempt the hack. There are two with cracked LCD's on Ebay for $69.95. This camera will make the best trailcam ever, got to figure out the hack.

Bob

Edited by dgrad

There are 193 reviews for this camera at Amazon.com. The camera was considered the best point and shoot ever until Sony released the HX50V. The HX20V does not have WIFI like I originally reported but the HX30V does

Edited by dgrad

This is looking like a great Camera , as the pics are very Good. I see it needs a snorkel.

No it does not need a snorkel, it needs a barrel. :lol: The lens extends about 1.5 inches out of the camera. The lens has three barrels. The pop-up flash is needed for the newer cameras because of the longer extension of the lens. I have everything for an H90 build, but that is on the back burner for now. I have one of Gary's LCD boards, and I am glad that I have that because of the speed of this camera. When I get the other camera next week, I will hack that one. I am almost positive that I will have to disable the shutter switch to hack this camera like I have done on the H90 so far. This camera does not have the speaker inside the shutter assembly like the H90. The Dolby stereo sound and GPS sensor occupy that space. I think the only way I can take the wires out is to remove the shutter button like I did on the first H90. The hack should be easy after I do that and disable the switch. I don't want to destroy this first camera like that at least for now. There are many new features with this camera that I want to play with. There is two pages of new features in the menu that are not on my other cameras. There are five new focus settings. My camera was set on "focus extension" when I got it, but I turned that off for testing. I want to turn that back on to see what that is. There is also "background defocus" and I don't remember what the other three are. It will take me awhile to learn this camera and that is why I am buying the other camera with cracked LCD. I can get a LCD on ebay for about $30..00 later.

Bob

Edited by dgrad

I bought another camera on Ebay and it will be here wednesday. I paid $79.95 for this one but it is an even beter deal than the ones with the cracked LCD. The seller says that the screen has small black spots on it. According to the Sony manual dead pixels on the screen like this are normal and do not hurt a thing. This camera also appears to be in mint condition and every thing works well. Camera is being sold "as is" because of the black spots and does not come with the BG-1 battery or charger. The seller has another one just like this for the same price. If anyone wants an awesome camera for a good price, type Sony dsc-hx20v in the search box on ebay, and the camera is on page four. But if anyone does buy this camera, you will need to buy the mini USB cable for it, and that goes for about $5.00 on ebay

I will be posting plenty of info and pictures from this camera over the next few days, and tomorrow, I will set up a 1060 case with the LCD board, and and external batteries. I will not drill the case for this camera until I hack this camera next week. Pics are of my new cam taken from ebay

Bob

link to camera I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131048364315?ssPag....l2649#ht_0wt_0

post-5081-1390624692_thumb.jpg

post-5081-1390624728_thumb.jpg

First picture using ISO 800. I stepped this off, seven paces plus one foot. The blue spruce is exactly 22 feet from the camera, and the maple in the background is 45 feet. This is the original unedited picture. Then I cropped the pic and used tone curve in the edit menu to increase flash level. Then I added time and date

post-5081-1390631498_thumb.jpg

edited pic

post-5081-1390632051_thumb.jpg

Camera compared to the H70.

post-5081-1390635825_thumb.jpg