Lv2Hunt

Express Pcb To Gerber?

Does anyone know how I get gerber files from Express PCB. I want to have boards made from another manufacture?

You can't. If you design the board on their software they have to make it best I can understand. Gary and myself use Rimu software. Not free but it is easy to use and you can export the Gerber Files. Good luck.

You can't. If you design the board on their software they have to make it best I can understand. Gary and myself use Rimu software. Not free but it is easy to use and you can export the Gerber Files. Good luck.

This is my understanding also.

Hmmm.. Anyone know of a free program that will spit out gerber files??

Seems I have designed a board on ExpressPCB for no reason.

I feel bad! My freaking ipad autocorrected when lv2hunt asked me what I used via PM. I meant to tell him I use FreePCB and the iPad autocorrected it to ExpressPCB. Again my apologies!

I feel bad! My freaking ipad autocorrected when lv2hunt asked me what I used via PM. I meant to tell him I use FreePCB and the iPad autocorrected it to ExpressPCB. Again my apologies!

I hate the autocorrection thing just for that reason. It has caused me to send messages on my iphone more than a few times with words that I didn't intend to use. :angry:

Thanks. That is the some place I am planning on using.

Express pcb was easy to learn.

Now to learn freepcb.

It is different than ExpressPCB. I had trouble at first. Someone on the FreePCB forum helped by making a sample of what I was trying to do. Once I saw and then dissected the sample it was easier to figure out what to do.

Let me know if you want a sample layout to play with.

Edited by HunterTom

Might also give www.oshpark.com a try. Boards are made in the USA. Around $5 for three boards depending on how big. Plus they come in a cool purple color. :)

The "imall" link above asks you to send them several files with the file extensions being: .GTL , .GBL, .GTS etc...

When I generate cam files from FreePCB it spits out files with the .GRB extension??

Anyone know how to get the files with the right extension? Or can they use these files?

Just rename the files. Change the GRB to these extensions.

bottom_copper.GBL

bottom_silk.GBO

bottom_solder_mask.GBS

drill.file

top_copper.GTL

top_silk.GTO

top_Solder_mask.GTS

Then I used a program called WinRAR (free on internet) to compress them. WinRAR is also used to extract files from a compressed state.

Edited by HunterTom