Sign in to follow this  
befus

Sony W220 Repair/combine Parts?

Maybe not jealous, but proud of the forum, we are like a little online family, and it is good to see people helping each other out, buckhunter1 had some PIR sensors that he has sent me I offered to give him a few dollars but he just sent them to me :coolsmiley: , and a few years ago while hacking a 503 I broke the contact strip on the lens and TC just sent me one and did not want anything for it, and when I was trying to fire a flash with a picaxe chip 212 bought and sent me a breadboard so I could try different circuits without soldering. So kudos to all who help out.

amen to that, I have received several parts for free and good deals on others from members here, even tho Ive offered no one ever wants anything in return unless it was an outright sale.

On another forum I visit they have a "pay it forward" thread where people offer up stuff they arent going to use for free or just for the shipping, people use it to ask for things they cant find and to just get rid of stuff they arent going to use and dont need.....wonder how that would work here? I know I have a box of spare parts, old control boards and such that are probably going in the trash at some point but it will break my heart to toss the stuff out if someone can use it.

I must say Bob puts together one heck of a camera, he built my first one for me 2 or 3 years ago. I am having some issues with it now though, but that is another topic.

Update: True to his word Bob sent the stuff and even better news, so far I have not messed it up. I went with a Otter 3000 as that is what I had, and am changing some minor things, but it is underway. Box is drilled and painted and I have the lcd board Gooped in waiting for it to dry. Subbing at school today, so no progress, but hope to get some camo on the case, repaint and start on the interior work this weekend. I'll keep ya posted.

Well I didn't think you would have the time to mess with this now that you are a bigshot on the ballpark forum.

Bob

Well I didn't think you would have the time to mess with this now that you are a bigshot on the ballpark forum.

Bob

This is true, but I am a man of many talents.