pdskal

Big Capped P32_ir Build

Paul,

You will have no issue at all running that cam on the bigfoot P32 setting.

looking at your pictures I see you did not put anything over the top of the camera where the power bar belongs. I cover that area with black tape to prevent white flash possibly coming up into the build. Can't remember if that was for precaution or because of need though. I would cover it to be safe either way.

You are correct and excellent suggestion. To anyone playing around with the cap mod, be sure to cover it up with black tape. After I took the pic of the top of the camera, I added 3 pieces of black tape across the top of the cam.

One more question John,

On the BIgfoot, did you have it on Trailmaster or Standard programming? My board is setup for trailmaster, but I can turn DIP 4 off and use Standard if needed. I think that is actually a little over 15 sec between events if my memory is correct.

I run it in trailmaster. The majority of the time I only get one night picture (unless they stop to look at the camera) and 2-3 day pictures. The big cap does take longer to charge of course. And being a 3.2 mp camera I keep my targets in the 12-15 foot range. Which does not have a very big field of view.

My theory is Trailmaster all the time. Should I ever get a biggin' in front of one of my cameras I want all the pictures I can get. Big external power and good sized memory cards and let the good times roll.

I have had a few people ask me about the big caps mentioned here. I am not happy to report we lost the source that I had found to them. Which was on Ebay and this person does not have them any longer. Nor do they intend to restock them. These caps have no brand name on them or anything so no good info to find them somewhere else.

On a side note if anyone has a source for the 180uf- 210uf capacitors of the correct size and that are fairly efficient. Please pass on the info if you would.

Right now I see 160uf on eBay and I do have a few of them but haven't tried them ones yet

Right now I see 160uf on eBay and I do have a few of them but haven't tried them ones yet

These here puppies?

I'd never use 10, but if someone gets a wild hair and decides to order the 180uF's from China and wants to partner up, I'd take a couple. Otherwise the two 160's for twice the price from the US will suffice.

Befus I am with ya on that ... be nice a few of us got a better deal on a sh-t load of them and split them up...... kind of like we did with the ir led 's when westarted the video builds

Edited by irbowhntr

Think the 160 vs the 180 is a significant one? Wish you'd do one Ron so we'd know :).

So the little P32's makin a big comeback!! Sweet!!

!

Some on these forums do not like to see the P32 and the like still being worked with period let alone improved. They believe it holds back the homebrew community as a whole. I on the other hand believe it is a durable work horse. It' easy to hack, it's quiet, and it's cheap.

You know it would be pretty cool to have a brand new Lamborghini to get to work. Yet my rusty ole pick up still gets me there just fine.

So the little P32's makin a big comeback!! Sweet!!

!

Some on these forums do not like to see the P32 and the like still being worked with period let alone improved. They believe it holds back the homebrew community as a whole. I on the other hand believe it is a durable work horse. It' easy to hack, it's quiet, and it's cheap.

You know it would be pretty cool to have a brand new Lamborghini to get to work. Yet my rusty ole pick up still gets me there just fine.

Well stated, I'm driving a rusty old pickup myself. P32's have no moving lens, a big plus, and they are very reasonable now day's, simple hack, what's not to like!

Edited by Buckhunter1