dgrad

First Video Set

I made my first video set yesterday with an Hx20v. This is my first build with this camera, and it has the LCD board and set for 30 second video clips. I reworked the way I vented the case for sound, and the sound is just as good as if the camera were handheld Hughes told me they could connect me to satellite internet without cutting down any trees behind our house. They will be here niext Thursday morning to do that. I am also transferring our telephone to them. I will be getting nternet and telephone for the same price that I have been paying for phone alone. So soon I will be able tp post videos and watch others videos. In this first pic you can see I dumped a bucket of donuts and other goodies behind the bear tree. I like to put them there so the camera can't see them. The camera is on the tree 12 feet uphill from the bear tree

post-5081-1394817814_thumb.jpg

Today when I go down there I need to take some wrenches and tighten my eyebolts. Those large eyebolts have 3/8" shanks, and I have chain that I will take down today also. I bought 4 six foot lengths of this chain two years ago. It was $7.00 per foot, but the only way you can cut it is with a torch. I also have locks that can't be cut. I have had four cameras stolen off of my propery by tresspassers, but this will never happen again. The chain also prevents the bears from getting the camera off of the tree. I have not had bear damage for five years now, but this is the first time I have used the HPWA. We will see if it survives the summer

post-5081-1394818560_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

This set is on a steep mountainside and the creek is 40 yards down below When I took this pic, I could see part of the roof of our house. across the creek and 200 yards up the creek, but looking this direction you can't see the creek

post-5081-1394819050_thumb.jpg

Looking good buddy. Keep at it.

Looking the other direction down the creek, you can see the creek down below

post-5081-1394819355_thumb.jpg

In this pic you can see a wooden platform mnounted on the bear tree about 13 feet from the ground. I will have another camera up there, and there are large nails just below the camera. The camera can't see that bait, but is can see what climbs up to get it. I check these cameras twice a day at dawn and dusk to change then from videos to pictures and back. There will be lots of action on this set later. Buddy has treed bears in every tree down there including the camera tree.

post-5081-1394819740_thumb.jpg

Don, As soon as the bears start showing up, you will see Buddy in action. the bear tree is his favorite. I will have some good videos of him getting into it with the bears down thwre. I check these cams twice a day, but buddy checks them 10 or more times a day. But when he goes down there, he is not looking for pics and videos. he is fun to watch because he sneaks uo on the bears. he doesn't want them to know he's coming until he is right on top of them.He doesn't want to tree them, he wants to fight with them. If they know he is coming, they will be in a tree before he gets there, and he knows that I like your new dog ! (avatar)

bob

Great that you have such a companion to accompany you on your forays Bob, you and Buddy are a perfect match and will be looking forward to seeing him in action later on. :cheers: