bat

Keep Me In Your Prayer Guys

Prayers Bat. Hope you get well soon My Dr wants me to have knee survey also,but trying to put it off. It is ashamed we get old... :):D

Edited by Vic

Good luck to you bat, looking forward to see how this all works out for you because it looks to be in my future not far down the road too.

Getting old stinks at times but it beats the alternative........most days anyway.

Hang in there bat, hope thing get better for you real soon!

Thanks to all of you... let me add this before I get killed by the wife(the love of my life by the way). To make all our matters worst and believe me the pills probably made me forget this in my start off post.... my one and only took a trip and fall on me the second day I was in the hospital about 6:30 that afternoon. We think she caught her right foot on a small stool and tripped her up. Down she went with me hallowing for the nurses to get in there. Broke her right arm and wrist. They got her to the ER fast and so far that is healing back up. Thank you God for looking after both of us.

That kind of took my main help away from me to do exercises at home and getting me to the rehab but so far some of my family and friends have been helping us to get by.... barely at times but we will make it with the help of prayer.

You guys take time to prepare for any kinds of surgery like this and prepare means not only stock up on goods (which we did really well) but also the mind sets of different things that can happen like the wife falling and being somewhat disables also. We planned and planned but didn't count of that.

Hang in there all of you and keep yourself healthy wealthy and safe... bat

Saying a prayer for you and your wife Bat.

How lucky can you get;

if u're going to fall and break u're neck, do it in a hospital. Now we have to call you guys Bat-Bionic-Man and Mrs. Bat-Bionic-Woman

eeeeek.......... just trying to make lite of a serious situation

Prayers for the whole family Bat, hang in there.

Thanks guys, peanut I'm looking forward to another "meal" my friend.. it would be my pleasure to get back able to join you in another visit to eat as well as maybe another hunt up in our meeting grounds.. Cedar Creek...

Tinhorn call me and the mrs. anything buddy, humor me hard I need it at times right now...

I will try to keep all of you in mind as I work thru this and give you a heads up on problems and progress as we try to heal with the knee and the wifes arm. "If she just would not have grabbed my foot and tripped me up both of us would have been doing good right about now."... just a little humor back :lol:

For all of you thinking about this procedure.... plan plan plan for the what ifs.... especially if your family and help live any distance away from you. It wouldn't help to toss in planning to have someone hired for a week or so just to do trips to the grocery, medicines, help you with rehab at home, driving you to rehab and other things that come up especially during the first two weeks. That is something I wish I had did further planning on. They want approve you to be able to drive until you can stop with the pain management with pills and believe me you will be taking those regularly. I hate to take pills but they want you too so the rehab will be easier on you.

Right now I'm just over the 3 weeks mark from the full knee surgery and I can pretty well take care of everything I need to do here at the house on the inside, cook if I need to but limited. Do most of the chores that the wife has trouble with that are usual things we all have to do without a maid or assistance from others but it is somewhat limited in all areas. I think that is pretty darn good.

My knee was one of the most difficult ones to do because there were so much areas the doc had to reshape due to the early injury... that injury occurred in 1969! I'm telling my age a bit there ha... So this may take a bit longer to get over... we will see. Anyway we will try to update every week or so on it. Thanks again for the prayers guys, we do appreciate them. bat