muleymadness

S600 Shutters Pics Continuously! Help Please

So I built this S600 with an SSii board 2 summers ago, the first summer it worked awesome. Last summer

it started shuttering pictures continuously until the batters die. No motion, it just takes hundreds of pictures

and I can't figure out why. I just got it back out again this year, put newly charged envelop batteries in and set

it up inside my house over the last couple of days. It did/does the same thing. It had 944 pictures of nothing on

it until the batteries die.

So please help from the experts, what would make it shutter pics with no motion?

Thanks,

Brett

post-7268-1404747153_thumb.jpg

If the battery on the SSII is low it will cause that.

If the battery on the SSII is low it will cause that.

Thanks but I tried it with a brand new battery that I purchased and it still does the same thing. So I think it's something else.

Will it do it if the wires are to long? My wires are long, (so I just folded them over) as you can see in the picture. Does that matter?

I wouldn't think it would but??

Edited by muleymadness

I have seen this before a few times when the shutter wire has too much solder wire on it or is soldered too close to the shutter block. It also could be your battery on the SSII, what voltage is the battery at? I know sometimes the cr123 batteries don't work well.

I have seen this before a few times when the shutter wire has too much solder wire on it or is soldered too close to the shutter block. It also could be your battery on the SSII, what voltage is the battery at? I know sometimes the cr123 batteries don't work well.

Battery Voltage on the 1/2 AA is 8.9 mA

I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if I see too much solder etc. And try it again all night in my house. Thanks

for the replies.

Think I might have fixed the problem, tore the camera apart and found a TINY piece of the power wire than was exposed (red cover) had a very small bit missing or cut away. This tiny area seemed to be resting on the shutter wire and making contact with it. Which seem to cause the issue and cause it to fire continuously.

Pretty crazy, I set it up all night and it didn't shutter a single false pic. So I'm very hopeful I've found the issue, not to set it up in the field very soon and then I'll know for sure.

Thanks

Brett

at least you didnt have to send it back to the manufacturer for repairs, hope that fixed it!