muleymadness

S600 External Power Help

Okay I need your guys help again here, have 2 S600 builds with external power that are both not functioning properly.

I didn't build either one, bought them from guys who built them.

Do you see anything wrong with either of these external power setups from pictures ( I don't understand quite how the external power thing works).

Here is the real problem, they both power on fine and seem to work properly. They will shutter pictures etc. I leave them in the field

and come back a week later and they both stop taking pictures very shortly after being in the field. The batteries ARE NOT dead.

They have fully charged rechargeable batteries in the S600's and as you can see the one external power has 4 AA batteries (Alkaline) and the other has 2 Duracell C batteries (Alkaline). These all still have good power also.

So what would cause them to stop shuttering pictures after a short time in the field for no apparent reason? I'm thinking it could be an external power issue as I have other builds without external power that work fine and don't have this issue?

I currently have both sitting on my couch (removed the external batteries in both ) and for the moment they both are working fine and shuttering pictures no problem.

This has happened repeatedly to me and is DRIVING ME NUTS. :)

Thanks

post-7268-1406139202_thumb.jpg

post-7268-1406139288_thumb.jpg

Another quick question...

If the external batteries are dead or die, will they then drain power from the rechargeable batteries inside the S600 at all or faster?

What if I just leave out the external power batteries all together? Will this also cause the S600 batteries to die sooner?

very likely its your 9 volt battery holder those with switches on do go bad

is your screen turned off on the camera?

Very good possibility it's the switched 9v holder. All your batteries should have the same voltage when you check the camera, if you don't then something is up.

kdornski,

Yes screen is turned off on camera to save battery life.

The top one seems to be the biggest issue, it's working but only seems to fire a pic or flash after the second motion. I have them sitting side by side and

the bottom one fires a pic immediately upon motion. The top one doesn't, camera powers on and it does nothing until I move around and create motion again.

Then the second time it fires.

I'll look into the 9V holder, they both seem to fine but maybe something is wrong there.

Can or do you check the voltage on all batteries when they are in the camera and on, is that best?

I tested them outside and they seem to be fine and yes all roughly the same voltage.

Edited by muleymadness

Turn the 9v switch on and check the power at the board, should be close to the voltage of the battery when it's not in the holder. What do the chips on the yeti board have written on them?