speed2spare

Bow Hunting Question

Bow hunting season is rolling around on us again. Many of us I am sure hunt fields and food plots early in the year. When hunting them at night, how do you remove the deer from the field or plot at night so you can leave your stand? Of course we want them out of the field so we can leave but we want them back the next day and to not know we were there.

One practice I have read about but not tried is using coyote yelp to clear them out. What method do you all use if any?

Check wind direction and spend some extra time sneaking out

Sneak out as quietly as had gotten in entrance and exit important

If wind direction is not good (in your face blowing from field or plot etc ) U need to have another stand in mind to use and go back another day

Smell Smell Smell is the keep wind in your face especially bow hunting or other

If you have an opportunity to get up 30 feet or more you will find you will see more deer every time

At that height it will be amazing the difference

I have buddies that are big deer bow hunters and they use primarily climbers

Climb the tree with bow tied own tie a knot own your rope you hoist up with at 30 ft

You then know you are at the magic height

Good luck Jim

Nice post Jim but did not really cover the question. I am talking if you have a dozen deer in an alpha alpha field 30-75 yards away. And you are set up on the edge of the field so you can shoot it. You can't sneak down and leave no matter what the wind is doing. At least I can't I have zero ninja in me.

For what it is worth though. I see zero reason to be 30ft up in a tree. With proper scent control we have no issue killing 3-5 year old deer out of 15ft ladder stands. Even at 15ft you have a much greater chance of them detecting movement then smelling you.

We are on the same page u always assume deer r feeding night and day depending on weather conditions especially moon

Full moon partial rut etc

Just sneak out as quietly as u came in

Good luck we all need it

Highly unlikely that the deer are going to stay there all night long, may have to wait them out before climbing down. I don't use a call at all. Would think it would tip them off to your location and more likely to see you move.

Kinda have the same situation right now. A couple times we have left a little early if the deer have left the field for some reason. Last time a crazy 6 point chased everybody off and My son Luke and I climbed down and left about 20 minutes earlier than we had to but at least the deer weren't in the field. The other thing I have been doing for a few years is using a green headlamp, I just got Luke a red one since that seems to be a little better from what I have read. The deer don't seem to be alarmed by it like they are by white light and tend to just hang out if you are calmly climbing down and walking out. I do try and not climb out of my stand if there are deer very close. Waiting until they leave is not an option, I think i would be there until one in the morning or later with as many deer that seem to enter and exit the field at night. I also like to walk the field edge, not cut across the field.