Sign in to follow this  
mheimburg1

Sony Wx9 Memory Card ?

I am confused on which card to buy for a Sony WX9, I thought pro duo and sd or sdhc were different shapes? I also do not know how big of a card it will handle? I am surfing Sony sight but can not seem to figure this out?

Edited by mheimburg1

Mark,, This camera like all of the newer Sony cameras has a dual memory slot. It will accept Produo and SD cards. The SD cards are cheaper and easier to use. Do a search on ebay for Sandisk SDHC and add the number for the size card you want. I am using Sandisk Ultras 16 gig Class 10. They are about $13.50 free shipping. They would be cheaper for a smaller card. When using the SD cards, the contacs on the card face the front of the camera. The contacs on the Produo face the rear (LCD).

Bob

If you are not using the camera for video, you can get by with class 4 cards. This is the card I use in all of my trail cameras. There is no limit on the size of the card.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sandisk-Ultra-16Gb...=item27ea49b8f8

Edited by dgrad

Thanks, going to use for video, I wanted to get one of the action cams but the Sony AS15 does not zoom, and other video cameras are pricy that shoot 1080p, so I am going to try this camera for video taping deer hunts and use as a backpack camera, not in a game cam, at least for now I remember you saying the hacks for WX cams are pretty tuff.