steve

Let's Talk Pistols

Just thought I would change it up a little and see what everyone's favorite pistols are. I have a Glock model 23 40 caliber that I just love to shoot. I have been adding some accessories to it to improve the trigger. I installed a Pyramid trigger and skeletonized striker which lightened the trigger. I changed the standard striker spring to a 4 pound spring. I also installed tritium sights for night time shooting if needed. It is a great gun but just a little big for me to carry although I do carry on occasion. My favorite carry pistol is a Sig Sauer 238 Sport 380 caliber. Very small and easy to draw which makes it great to carry. First pic is the Glock.

post-697-1418824645_thumb.jpg

I decided that if I was going to get the permit, then I was going to get something that I would actually carry, and for me, that means something I can put in my pocket and not notice it's there. The KelTec 380 Auto is perfect for that. I have one like this with the Crimson Trace laser and a holster very similar to this one. I put it in my back pocket like a wallet and it's comfortable. You can also carry it in your front pocket comfortably in dress pants. Would I rather have a .40 or .45 caliber if I actually have to use it...yes, but the problem is, I wouldn't carry a bigger gun like that most of the time.

post-34-1418826158_thumb.jpg

post-34-1418826173_thumb.jpg

Now that we have open carry here, I would love to have a 1911 style 45, but they are expensive. I still won't open carry, but can carry more comfortably without being to concerned about anyone seeing it. Found this super deal yesterday looking around. It's all American made with a lifetime warranty too!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-G34512

Maybe a little heavy and ugly, but wow, can't beat the price.

Edited by ghoot

I have no problem with carrying a 380 for protection. I do like your choice of weapon. Very easy to conceal. The pocket holsters work very well in keeping your firearm from turning in your pocket and making it easy to draw without catching on any seams in your pockets. That Hi-Point may not be shiny pretty but it is guaranteed for life and is 100% made in America. Oh and a thug would never notice the difference in price.

Yeah, that Hi-Point is sure tempting me, but I better wait till Daddy has more cash. How many rounds does your 40 hold?

Here are my pieces. I shoot the wife's LC9 more accurate than the PX4. :blink: In my opinion, the LC9 is a better fit for CC due to its size. Also have the laser sight on the LC9.

Paul's pistol posts click [here].

:smileyflag:

My Glock magazine holds 13 rounds. Well Paul, I remember you posting about your LC9. My daughter has one with a laser on it also. She bought the one that has the laser on it straight from the factory. That 9MM has some punch to it. First time I shot it was a big surprise. That's another easy carry pistol.

Glock 32 here. the shouldered casing makes the most sense to me for a CC weapon. I will say that I have never had a failure to feed in my Kimber 1911 nor my HK Mark23 .45's. Those two are hard to CC unless your a big feller.

Here's my latest toy. My darling bought this for our wedding anniversary this last fall. She'd been after me for a yr or better because she'd never bought me a firearm an I kept putting her off, Duh! What was I thinkin! I also have a Ruger security six stainless 357, an a Sauer 38h 32 acp from the Big war, it's sweet little piece. There's a couple of 9's around here also.....

So here it is, Ruger Sr1911 .45 acp. A bit big for CC but I carry it a lot when I'm outside around the house. Only have a few hundred rounds thru it, still getting her broke in before I start tinkering :coolsmiley:

fINQb2.jpg

vMaYYU.jpg

My carry is a Glock 42, on my nightstand is a Glock 19, the gun I pack while hunting is a Ruger GP100 .357. Never thought I'd have to carry to protect against wild game, but you should see the size of the boars I have on camera here in Arkansas! We also have black bears roaming around. Makes walking around in the dark more interesting than it was in Kansas.