steve

Let's Talk Pistols

Got a update, My darling wife bought me a set of Ruger Eagle wing grips for my Sr1911 for Christmas, along with 250 rds of 230 gr round nose ammo.

She just might be the best wife ever!

XAYeOA.jpg

8PudWp.jpg

Nice to see what everyone owns and carries. Those are all really nice firearms. Well my daughters surprised me with this Sig Sauer P226 Combat 9MM for Christmas along with enough ammo to last me a while. 2000 rounds of 22 ammo to boot. We shot it and was surprised how nice it shoots. I like how the decocker works by slowly dropping the hammer down against a solid piece of steel to protect from a discharge.

post-697-1419980090_thumb.jpg

Very nice pistol. Sure glad to see I'm not the only guy that got ammo for Christmas.

My Sauer 38h has a decocking lever, pretty cool how it works. It was made in the Sauer factory around 1944-45 when the Allied troops captured the factory. Dad brought it home an I ended up with it, son will have it next. The holster is stamped: Robert Larsen, Berlin. The Larson factory produced the holster's.

IhkHPK.jpg

Edited by Buckhunter1

You stirred my interest in the Larsen holsters and the Sig Sauer history so I did some research on both of them. Found some good reading. That Sig and holster are meant to be together. Hopefully you carry the tradition and keep them together. Thanks for sharing.

You stirred my interest in the Larsen holsters and the Sig Sauer history so I did some research on both of them. Found some good reading. That Sig and holster are meant to be together. Hopefully you carry the tradition and keep them together. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, that is my plan.

I don't store it in the holster, not a good idea with a leather holster. I clean an oil the gun every so often, an rub a little Sno-Seal into the holster.

This summer while at a gun shop I stumbled on a box 32 acp ammo so I grabbed it an my son an I put a half a box thru it, enough to say it still works fine. The grip on the palm side does have a crack across it due to being Bakelite, oh well, don't care!

Inside the flap is a extra mag, my dad had written his name, his serial number, and unit. Probably not worth much as a collector piece, but we don't care.

Just a cool little piece of history that should stay in the family.

Edited by Buckhunter1

Very nice story. I think having your fathers name and serial number on it makes it more unique and probably worth more. Having said that, I agree with you that it belongs with you and your family as a memory of how your dad sacrificed so you, me, and all Americans can live a better life. I applaud your dad and all servicemen.

Very nice story. I think having your fathers name and serial number on it makes it more unique and probably worth more. Having said that, I agree with you that it belongs with you and your family as a memory of how your dad sacrificed so you, me, and all Americans can live a better life. I applaud your dad and all servicemen.

Thank You!

At 91 my dad is refusing hip and heart surgery. He says, "Keep them butchers away me". God bless him!

I sent my SR1911 back to Ruger for some cosmetic touch-ups so I had to bring out my backup pistol :D

Ruger Security Six SS 357mag six inch barrel, oversize grips. Shes a fine shooter :P

64ZYpC.jpg

Edited by Buckhunter1

Your Ruger looks similar to my Smith and Wesson Model 28 357. This was my very first pistol that I bought back in the 70's. It is a 357 with a 44 magnum frame and oversize grips. Not much recoil at all because of how heavy it is. Not a carry gun just a play gun.

post-697-1421876757_thumb.jpg

Nice pistol. Same with my .357, so heavy with the longer barrel an heavy frame, not much recoil.

I just checked the serial number on my .357, was built in 78, I got it from my father in-law about 17-18 yrs ago.

Like you said, not a CC gun, just a nice one to shoot.

Just got my .45 back from Ruger, it had some minor pitting under the grip on one side, almost like light pepper spots. They cleaned it up an replaced the sear?

No idea about the sear, but they must have seen something.

Going to shoot her tomorrow if the weather's reasonable.

I swap around depending on how I feel and what I'm planning to do, in the woods I carry a taurus 38 special, model 85 in ultralite, its a stainless frame I think, wont rust if it gets wet, which it often does. Everywhere else I generally carry a Taurus 709 slim but just picked up a taurus pt111 G2 from palmetto state armory on sale for 199.00, so far its pretty nice and holds more ammo than the 709. Cant wait to get it broke in and see how it does.

That pt111 is a heck of a deal. My daughter wants a PP pistol, but she wants me to buy it for her. Only thing is shes less than a mile from the NY boarder and dating a guy in NY. Have to be real careful there. Where shes living there's a lot of Heroin an bath salt's going on.

PSA's deal on the Ruger LCP .380 is pretty sweet, but for some reason, I think I need another .22.