Best Anti-virus To Get

Have asked before...but forgot answers.

Have tried the free ones but Spybot only seems to ever find one and malwarebytes never finds anything. Was going to try Norton again but before had it and have read that each year instead of just using the new one they add to the older program and slow the computer down.

What do you use and how happy are you with it?

I use a combination of the free Spybot search and destroy and AVG free, Our puter tech at work suggested them a few years ago and I've been happy with how they perform. It's important to update both before running your monthly/weekly scan. I've also noticed that since switching to google chrome as my browser that I get a lot less things that need removal/attention both at home and at work.

If your running windows you can get Microsoft essentials, it's free and I haven't had any issues with viruses or other trash and I have a teenager on it...... :rolleyes:

Microsoft Essentials

If your running windows you can get Microsoft essentials, it's free and I haven't had any issues with viruses or other trash and I have a teenager on it...... :rolleyes:

Microsoft Essentials

Computer dummy here. Just saw it in English for Vista and Windows 7, Windows XP here...back in the stone age.

I just read today that XP is no longer supported, and deemed very unstable to continue using.

I just read today that XP is no longer supported, and deemed very unstable to continue using.

Say what! Not gonna mention any names But, Somebody's gonna have to dig up that coffee can of cash an update :)

Say what! Not gonna mention any names But, Somebody's gonna have to dig up that coffee can of cash an update :)

Tikosyn (so don't stay in atrial fibrillation like have been all of last 5 years and most of the time before that to my last surgery in 2000) comes first buddy. At $291.00/month (before the 50% insurance co-pay) it just won't allow it. Besides, I don't drink coffee so no can to hide it in so the bills have probrably rotted away.