mgh-pa

S600 Fast Hack Repair-advice

While I'm waiting on the parts for my P41 fixes (fun), I decided to tackle my S600 Fast Hack/BF Board repair. I had a case malfunction and water intrusion caused the board to die. So I ordered a replacement board (hack on the camera is still confirmed working). I hooked it up to the board, and fired it up. The board with power the camera, and the sensor will trigger the camera to turn on, but it won't take a picture. There's no error message or anything. Just triggers on, and stays on. Then of course, after a while, it powers back off (as it should).

Any ideas? I have the wires hooked up correctly according the diagram and how it was before.

Fresh batteries as well. Alkaline AAA powering the board, and NiMH eneloops in camera (I do have externals, but I don't have the batteries in there during testing).

Memory card in camera ? If not is internal memory full ?

If none of those apply try initializing the camera and see what happens.

Yeah the memory card is in.

Dips are all set to off.

The two on the back side of the board with the pir are both set to off?

If so try turning dip 4 on the front on and see if it will trigger on second or third motion detection on trailmaster setting.

It's working now. Not sure what the issue was. I had it set up in the basement for a few hours and every time I passed it, it fired. Hopefully it lasts :) Thanks everyone.