KW1

Sony S600 Error Format Error?

4 posts in this topic

First thing I'd do is to mark/write on the card that you have a problem with so you'll know if it's the same card in the future you know it's the same card. Then I'd try re-inserting it and making sure it's pressed all the way in (probably still get the error message). Then make sure all the metal contacts on the card are clean..even a little dirt can mess things up. If the camera still has a problem with it I'd try to format it I a computer but sometimes chips go bad and you can't get them back

Did you get your cam back up? I have doing the same thing and I have formatted 6 different cards but error keeps showing up after card inserted. seems to be only problem is reading the card

Take the batteries out of the camera overnight then put a little denatured alcohol on the memory card contacts and pop it in and out of the camera a bunch of times. let it dry good and try again. If that doesn't do it you can try putting a few layers of masking tape on the backside of the memory card and see if that makes a difference. Then if it still doesn't work you can try cleaning and reinstalling the ribbon cables from the backboard and if that still doesn't do it you might have to replace the complete camera backboard with the memory card slot on it.