pdskal

So... What Are You Currently Working On?

I hope everyone is surviving Old Man Winter, no matter where you may be on Mother Earth! What type of projects are you homebrewing? I use the winter season to review last season, plus plan ahead for what builds or modifications I want to add to my camera fleet.

Right now I have several projects in process:

- Samsung a503 day/night exchanger builds with the Safari Board & Backpackers

- Samsung a503 IR build with a 2800 internal slave

- Sony P32 IR big cap hack

- Repairing a Bigfoot slave build that used a digital peanut (PND).

- Prep Otterbox cases for camo dipping

- Clean up the top of my workbench... not sure I'll get to this one! lol

What are you working on?

I'm not working on it but right now the mechanic is working to swap out my daughters alternater on her car.

Oh wait you didn't mean that!

Finishing up a build of a LZ8.

About 6 cameras to hack but 4-5 of them will sit till get rest of stuff for the builds.

Couple slave flashs to hack.

If you get your workbench cleaned you can help me clean my kitchen table, floor and counter of camera stuff. Just easier to leave it be I guess. Though then I start cussing myself out when can't find anything and it's right under my nose (no not burnt yet).

Oh yeah and trying to piece together working S40's from a mess of old ones have here. Got 2 so far pieced and working.

Edited by IroquoisArcher

not working on anything right now but next up will be a Fuji JZ250 with Ralph's board for video during the day and pictures with a slave at night. Then will be a FUJI JZ100 with same setup

Starting assembly on a w200 with slave flash going in a big walmart box and hoping to do a hack on a dxg567 with exchanger to repair a build I bought and ruined.... fun fun but theya re calling for cold this weekend so its a good inside project

I'm converting the external power on my H55 to 18650 batteries. It will have four 18650 batteries instead of 3 NiMH C cells.

My research has shown the four 18650 cells will provide as much capacity as nine of the NiMH C cells.

Explained here:

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54862

Also looking at doing 3 or 4 Samsung PL200 builds, a couple A503 builds and adding another H55 build and LZ8 to the fleet.

Bill

Working on an AIO s600 with a baby slave, 2-w290's daytime only with lcd sniper boards and usual repairs/maintenance. Finished up an lcd sniper s600 in a 1040, just waiting for my buddy to send me the camera.

Edited by johnnydeerhunter

W290ir build is sitting on the bench now but I have signed a pile of OT lately so no progress. I have an a503ir build and p41build waiting.

I am currently playing with a really big really fast memory card. Have to get 4000 pictures on it and see if it is fast enough. I am heading back to LA in a few weeks and plan on making one of the builds I have there able to run year round with solar power.

Start of the year and spring is usually when I have the most time to work.

Currently working on these things:

Safari board in surface mount - plan to design all the safari backpackers to surface mount designs this year.

Dxg125 daytime only

Dxg125 huntertom exchanger and (30) 10mm 940nm IR led array. No amped audio just because there is not enough room for it and all the batteries. If they don't last a month or more I don't like my builds to much.

Plan to do these builds next:

Duel Kodak v1003 build. IR for night and color for day. Code should be usable by all cameras (types 1 - 4) and the opto backpacker. This should be useful for anyone wanting to do a duel build in the future.

Ralph has been working on some wireless backpackers that he has sent me and I am going to try to create a wireless slave flash that could be added to any safari build. (hoping to get to this by May - June time frame) after that the build time becomes less due to the summer time and scouting.

I'm getting parts together to make a day/night DXG125 build with mic amp. Camera hack done, got the case, bigfoot control board, pre amp board, leds and driver on the way.

Still need to ask my friendly fellow hags member if he can tweak the the bigfoot program so I can use a 32gig memory card. Just needs a slightly longer delay between the camera turning on and the record button being pushed.

As ko4nrbs is doing I'm also converting some of my existing cams to run off the 18650 rechargeable batteries.

As ko4nrbs is doing I'm also converting some of my existing cams to run off the 18650 rechargeable batteries.

Let us know how it goes and please post a few pics of the end result.

Bill

I have all the parts for a DXg567 build with exchanger, camera is hacked I'm only missing one thing........... TIME

We have been hit with a sh** load of snow so between shovelling and snow blowing there isn't any time....

Looks like you all have some great projects going on. Happy Building!