bigbassmann

Kitchen Cabinets

Marilyn and I have talked a few years about new kitchen cabinets so now that I am retired I decided it was time to build some. For the past few weeks I have been drawing up the plans and building the upper cabinets and last weekend I dismantled the old ones and installed the new ones. I am using 3/4" oak plywood for the cabinet fronts and all doors and drawer fronts are 3/8" overlay with oak edge banding to conceal the raw plywood edges to give the appearance of solid oak lumber. I am finishing the exterior with wipe on clear satin polyurethane and applying 5 coats and I think they turning out great. It is a big project but will be well worth the effort when completed and because of the design changes I am making we will have more storage space that is better organized vs. the old cabinets. In most of the base cabinets I will be installing large pull out drawers on 22" heavy duty slides for things like pots and pans instead of just having stationary shelving. Should make it a lot easier to access everything and for us old people that is always a good thing.

I still have a large pantry cabinet and all the base cabinets to build yet so will be busy with this project for a few more weeks. I had already started taking the doors off the old cabinets before I remembered to take some before and after pics.

Old cabinets

DSC00193_zpsrgk40ztr.jpg

DSC00192_zpsraimkufe.jpg

DSC00196_zpsz6sy1zsq.jpg

New cabinets

DSC00198_zpsejcubilt.jpg

DSC00199_zpsmgezokae.jpg

DSC00197_zps7hb6tail.jpg

Thumbs Up!

Nice come do mine when you get done with your.. :)

Nice come do mine when you get done with your.. :)

Do I get free board and meals with that offer? If so I may be there for awhile. :D

Suuuureee all you can eat buffet! :P:lol: