• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

Badgerbuckhunter

Wisconsin Youth Turkey Hunt

4 posts in this topic

Wisconsin Youth Turkey Hunt was this past weekend and I took my (14 yr) Niece. Saturday sucked, we had Toms roosted all around us and when they flew down they clammed up, didn't see anything the whole day.

Sunday was a different story, we again had Toms roosting all around us and when they hit the ground they kept gobbling. It was fun to hear them and hearing the different gobbles, we estimated about 6 different ones. About 6:45 they showed up and the Hens were out in the field and the Toms stayed behind us in the cedars. It was hard to count the number, but estimated the flock easily had 20 Hens, Jakes and Toms. I usually hate hunting in a blind, but am glad we had it, as we had to switch positions a couple of times. This flock had several Toms, but one was doing all the strutting and my niece had several chances to take a smaller Tom, but she wanted the dominate one and finally she got her chance after about a 11/2 hours after they showed up. Perfect shot 26yrds and he dropped like a ton of bricks. I had to laugh, I told her as soon as she dropped him, we needed to get out of the tent and get over to him as fast as we can. After she shot, she got up and hit the door, backed up and hit the door a second time, (she had the gun cross ways trying to exit) she drops the gun and runs out the door to the flopping Tom. I picked up the gun and took it to her and asked her if she forgot something. 26lbs. 10.25" beard 1.25" spurs

post-738-1429042144_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Way to go & great story. I took out my second daughter for her first ever turkey hunt. We had a great Saturday morning, but couldn't get the big Tom in range. Here's a pic I took when we were pulling the decoys. We're trying again next weekend!

post-8074-1429047887_thumb.jpg

Awesome. Congratulations. We made it out a couple of times, heard a lot. Still trying to get my oldest son his first turkey.