• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Thank you note   08/24/2017

I receive this thank you note from Peggy Warden  Mr. Stadler,  I didn’t post this under announcements, but you can if you want.  Thank you very much for sending the card, money and letting the members know about Chris’s death.  The members on Hagshouse are a special group of guys.  I knew that you all have really big hearts from past experiences when I was helping with charity auctions, etc. But I didn’t know what to say when I got a card with a $500.00 check because Chris had been inactive for a good while now.  Thank you all for the money and the kind words that were written about him on the website.  It was a great comfort for our family to read through each post.  It is just amazing that guys, most of whom I have never met in person, hundreds of miles away, reach out to help with prayers and money.  Chris and I were very thankful for being able to have come to know allot of you through e-mail and phone conversations, being part of your website and running the store.  Life without Chris is the hardest thing in life that I have ever had to do, but it sure does make it easier to bear with friends like you.  There has got to be a big meeting place reserved up in heaven where all the Hagshouse guys get together.  God bless you all!  Sincerely, Peggy Warden P.S.  Chris had signed me up with the Hagshouse member name of “Methuselah”.  As some of you may know, Methuselah was the oldest person in the Bible.  Lol!  He did have a sense of humor.
    • Badgerbuckhunter

Tapatalk   09/02/2017

Please see posting in "Cabin" I need your help.

mattpatt

Raspberry Pi Trailcam With Mms

26 posts in this topic

Taking measurments on the the hotspot this morning. The hotspot I chose is a Novatel Verizon Jetpack 4510L. This model has a external antenna port on the back and it was cheap on ebay (~$10) so that's why I chose it. I contacted Verizon and they sent me out a 4G sim card next day. It's going to cost me a $40 one time activation fee (ripoff) and $20/month added to my more everything plan. I have 10GB of data and it will be shared between my phone and the hotspot. Verizon also has a special going on right now when you activate a hotspot they will add 10GB of data to your plan for free for the first year. So now I have 20GB to use between the two devices. Once I get a few more days of the RPi operating with all the software as I have it now I will go online and pull the data usage logs to make sure that the Weaved remote control service isn't doing something crazy and eating up my data plan even though for the most part it stays idle 90% of the time.

Back to testing.... According to the KILL A WATT the 4510L draws 2.5W while charging and about 2W after the battery reaches full capacity. My goal is for it to stay connected to a larger SLA battery charged via solar so that it never has to use it's internal battery. Connecting and disconnecting to and from the device doesn't make any difference on power consumption and neither does when it's sending data. I thought for sure you would see a power spike when connected to the device and surfing the internet but there wasn't. I also tried to bypass the internal battery and just have the hotspot run off of external power but could not get it to power on and it kept displaying a battery error. According to the solar panel calculator I will need at least a 20W panel.

Matt

Cool project, thanks for the update. Hope you can eventually make this setup understandable to me at the end. :blink:

Got the relay working today that'll control some sort of LED array. Haven't decided if I want to go IR or stick with white flash.

Neat stuff, please be sure to keep us posted on when you have these units up for sale . . . assembled of course, I would never figure this stuff out! :D

Had a little time to work on this project some more. Brian aka Lv2Hunt was gracious enough to share with me his design for a PIR sensor based off of the TS27L4IN. The cheap chinese PIR modules have too many false detects and hopefully this will cut back on that greatly. Here it is built and tested... Now to get everything mounted in the case for field testing.

0ADC0091-481E-4EE8-B1FD-F21544AFAF92_zpsztxkgwf4.jpg

BC0BB309-773B-4E3D-B6BA-56B3933B2DFB_zpscibogx1t.jpg

The only modifications I did were to move the 10K, 100K and 30K resistors over to the other side of the board just to make sure nothing would interfere with the PIR. I also changed the 30K resistor to a 22K (it's what I had on hand) and that should give it a little more sensitivity.

Matt

Looks good. Haven't used this board yet. Does it work correctly?

:coolsmiley:

Neat Stuff Matt....

Looks good. Haven't used this board yet. Does it work correctly?

Seems to. I will know more when I get it mounted in the case with the fresnel

Hi Matt, I was just wondering if you have played with this project anymore and have any updates?

Matt

I have also been playing with a raspberry pi 3 just as a wifi streaming camera, I have been able to make this work but the problem I am seeing is the built in wifi is to weak what I am doing is setup up the raspberry pi 3 as a access point and install a camera function and connecting to it by my phone

If I can increase the wifi range I could connect it to my home wifi and then watch a field food plot etc