mattpatt

What Happened To Everyone?

I was unable to check in for a few months and now it seems like the forum is pretty much dead? Seems like I remember this place being a bit more lively. Or is it just me? Did I miss something?

Matt

Not sure what happened but I agree. it has been dead for awhile now. Seems like a lot of people disappeared.

I think ol' 212 was a big part of keeping this place alive. Sure wish he would come back! :)

Have noticed it too but it seems all forums as this time of year other stuff makes the forums less important. That said I have noticed some that have more activity even during this slow time. Personally I go through all the forums used to go to but visit that one more due to more traffic.

I think ol' 212 was a big part of keeping this place alive. Sure wish he would come back! :)

X2...........212 was a huge part of making this forum go. I wish he would come back as well. Illness has removed a few. And a few others have vanished. Another part of it I believe is instead of people creating items for all to use and be a part of. Now people are developing things on their own and selling them. It all lost the group aspect that brought a lot of people in I believe. The core group that were always trying new things kinda vanished as well.

Some lurk in the background like me............. :P

I really don't know what to say on this one. An online forum is only as good as the sum & contributions of its members. There's no denying it, things are a little slow this time of year.

It deff has died off from what it once was. People have been educated about homebrews tried them or bought them and most aren't for them. Commercial cameras have gotten way better. There also was a lot of tension on here with some people. Some folks sold out and got out of them others have moved on with there life's and are busy and don't have time to fool with online post. I look daily but rarely post. I haven't built many cams only 2 in the last year. Even myself haven't had time to work on things of my own and others and had to seek help from a couple nice folks.. Between life marriage kids the world getting busier people just have so much that draws there attention it's hard to get them to slow down for a forum.. In my opinion the homebrews and forums seems to be for older folks not younger. Miss the ole days you use to post something for sale and it was like a bunch of paranahs to has to be really quick or it was gone ! Now you post sumpn you bought have to give it away or it sits there forever...

Hardly a day goes by that I don't drop in at least once, usually more. I don't find myself logging in if/when it appears that nothing is happening, I miss the "good old days" too.

What he said!

:ph34r:

Hardly a day goes by that I don't drop in at least once, usually more. I don't find myself logging in if/when it appears that nothing is happening, I miss the "good old days" too.

I still build a few and keep some in he woods all the time. Does get a little harder as the years go by but just too much fun to quit...

Do miss all the chatter on the forums but life gets busy.

I check in every day and while there may not be any new posts to see it's an important part of my day. There is always something I like to double check on, especially hacks, etc. I also reread some of my post to see if I missed anything.

Bill

I check in at least once a day. If nothing else just to check to see if I have any Private Messages. I do not post here often anymore. Too much animosity now a days.....Hags is/was a wonderful forum. I miss Chris (212),Ron (BowGod), Ron (EgbertDavis),Roger (TCScout) and Rick (RickGray)....We had lot's of fun playing with new stuff. Those guys have taught me so much. I literally had no circuit knowledge at all a few years ago. Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day....God Bless.

Edited by Firemanjim

I still lurk around also.

I have been so busy with other things in life and just haven't had the time. I am also trying to pay off my truck and when I start looking around on here I some how end up spending money on a new project.