Sign in to follow this  
Jonnie Wilson

Retrieving A Code

Some time ago TCSCOUT altered the code on some Bigfoot boards for me so I can use 16 and 32 gig cards in DXG 125 video builds. These boards were for daytime only but now I'm doing some day/night builds and would like to find out the timings that Roger used on my daytime only boards.

Is there some way of reading the code that is already on a board?

I, along with others have been trying to contact TCSCOUT for the past few months but with no luck...sure hope he is ok.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to read to code off... But the code you read off would be the compiled version (machine code) and wouldn't be readable by a human so you couldn't alter it because you wouldn't be able to read it. if it could be read, you could copy the machine code and put it on another board and that should work. If it's a code that TCSCOUT had but didn't write then Gary might be able to do it for you.

Thanks for that.

TCSCOUT wrote the code and Gary has also tried to contact him for a copy.

It was a long shot but things change all the time so I was hoping we could somehow get the code as it has been working perfectly in my daytime video builds with 32gig memory cards.

To my knowledge there isn't a way to read the code on the micro controller.

In regard to the using the larger SD cards. I'm guessing roger just added some time from power on to record on. This gives the camera some extra time to boot up using the larger cards. Hopefully Gary can work out some new timings with you.