dgrad

My Day In Hell

Bob, that's just crazy !!!! I'm glad you're OK and hopefully your friends and neighbors can rebuild and get back to some sort of normal soon.

Sorry to hear about the terrible mess. Hopefully the worst is over and you can get back to your home for good.

The fire is now 5% contained. It is now the largest and highest priority fire in the nation. The fire is up by the national forest now, miles away from us. It's moving towards Lewiston Idaho. We live on Klicker Mountain Road. Blue Creek runs right behind our house. They are calling the fire the "Blue Creek" fire, even though it's miles away from us now. For us, It's over except clean-up. The fire is all over the internet, Facebook,Youtube etc.

There has been a lot of news lately about fires across 6 or 7 states out west. It looks as though the weather has not cooperated at all as dry air and wind makes it tough. You are not alone in your struggles Bob. Just trust the volunteers that are helping you and your neighbors battle the fires and hopefully an good resolution is near. Praying for you, family, and neighbors.

Thanks Steve ! It's all over for us. Not much around here to burn.

Just saw this Bob, truly devastating news to say the least. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you my friend, take care and try to keep the chin up.

That is terrible. I cannot imagine what you have been through. Prayers to you and your friends.

that have to be very scarey good to her it all over do you have a lot of clean up hope no one was hurt or died in that fire look like a big one bobo

Thanks for all the replies. This fire was devastating. I have just about lost all interest in trail cameras. Maybe that interest will return some day, but I doubt it. I rarely set a camera farther than a mile from our house, and most were much closer. All of our woods and timber are gone, all burned up. Most of the wildlife is gone also. My favorite trailcam set every year has always been the elk wallow. Last week, I hiked up to the wallow to check it out. It was on that hike that I realized just how bad things are around here. All the woods, brush and timber around the wallow are gone. Ten years ago, I set two posts at the edge of the wallow where I placed my cams. Those posts are gone.

I took this picture on that hike. That house off in the distance is my neighbor's house. Helicopters dumped water on his place and saved it.

post-5081-1438767433_thumb.jpg

Sheds are easy to find now

post-5081-1438767831_thumb.jpg

The elk wallow

post-5081-1438768200_thumb.jpg

My neighbor's Roy and Jean lost everything, a two story house, barn and other outbuildings. I walked by their place on my hike.

post-5081-1438768380_thumb.jpg

Devastating. Period. Keep your chin up Bob, I imagine it's very difficult, embrace the future.

I just tripped over your post Bob. I've been on a long trip out west but stayed on the coast while in Washington. Very sorry to hear about your losses and those of your neighbors.

It is hard to imagine now but but the trees, etc. as well as the wildlife will return. Several years ago I hiked over parts of Yellowstone that had been burned over back in the 1980's and the area is now covered in new pine trees and is beautiful once again.

Bill