Sign in to follow this  
mheimburg1

Help

Hi guys I was going to reinstall the rear heater in my 73 Toyota Landcruiser, I thought it worked when I did a V8 chevy engine swap 20 years ago but when I dug out of a box in the garage and plugged it in nothing, no fan? I am wondering if start capacitor is bad? Checked power from switch and it outputs approx 1.5 volts at start and levels to about .70 on high and almost 0 on low? this was checked without fan hooked up. I need help diagnosing this motor or testing cap, numbers on cap are RWH5 4ohms sign then microns below. This is a 12 volt system but don't know what to make of switch voltage either? Briefly tried 12 volt to wires and got nothing? I can not see any numbers on motor either but bottom can not be seen unless unbolted from base. Also looked on mouser to no avail. Any help appreciated. Thanks

20150830_092459_zpsnpiazclh.jpg

Edited by mheimburg1

I am not sure what that is on the side but I don't think it's a capacitor.

You need 12v at the switch and then 12v every step on down the line.

It may not be a cap, it is ceramic, I assumed it was a start capacitor like on central air systems? As mentioned I touched 12 volts to it and nothing? This is for rear heat the front has hi and low speed also I will check the voltage from that switch.

I don't think that small of a motor needs a start capacitor. That looks like a 4 OHM resistor I believe?...sort of... :ph34r: