droopy

Sony Memory Stick Reader

I've always stayed away from Sony's because of the memory sticks but I decided to give them a try.

Obviously all my computer's have usb & SD ports. What do I need to read memory stick pro & pro duo's.

I would like to buy about 5 and keep one at home, work, in truck, etc. Does anyone have a link to a good

priced option?

I just went to Walmart and bought a Digipower Multi-card reader (model #DP-MCR4). It plugs into a usb port and the cards go into different slots in it (sd, pro/pro duo, sd, micro). Cost about $8.00 or $12.00 I think). Can use it in the field too with a laptop. Look on ebay for something similar, know guys got them there too. Look for digital camera card adaptors/readers would imagine.

You should be able to find them cheap just about anywhere that sells cameras. Several of the big box stores should have them in the electronics section.

Here is one that I purchased recently.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55336

I had a multi-card reader once but it was a piece of junk. Looking for something more simple, that only reads one kind of card.

If I get a memory stick pro reader, will the same slot accept a pro duo card, or do I need an adapter?

I had a multi-card reader once but it was a piece of junk. Looking for something more simple, that only reads one kind of card.

If I get a memory stick pro reader, will the same slot accept a pro duo card, or do I need an adapter?

No adapter needed. The contacts on both are identical.

Great, thanks. I'm thinking of getting a few of these

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroMate-Re...ry+stick+reader

Well crap. I bought 3 of these and they only fit the duo pro. The regular memory stick pro's are too thick. Back to the drawing board.

I bought some 'no name el cheapos' off ebay - 2 of them for $3.79…. they last just as long as the $12+ ones I was getting from wally world. The last 2 have lasted 2 years… A lot less painful to throw these away when they quit working!

That stinks. It does say only the ProDuo in the description, never would have caught that myself.

Looking on ebay the only ones see specifically for one card are either the sd or micro so they wouldn't work. Saw this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SANDISK-M2-MEM...=item3a8e392fc4 Says specifically it is a Memory Stick ProDuo adaptor so that should work, would allow the Pro to slide in so same as just the Pro.

Otherwise assuming not going to find one just for a Memory Stick PRO I'd imagine.

Just be careful as most of what saw had as an adaptor for the micro cards so wouldn't work I'd think.

Forget the link. Woke up thinking about it and realized it was only an adaptor.

Edited by IroquoisArcher

Well crap. I bought 3 of these and they only fit the duo pro. The regular memory stick pro's are too thick. Back to the drawing board.

I apologize for my misleading info. My bad. I must have smelled too much Goop fumes that day I answered your post. Lol.

I apologize for my misleading info. My bad. I must have smelled too much Goop fumes that day I answered your post. Lol.

Haha. No biggie. Amazon provided me with a return shipping label and UPS picked them up the next day.