• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

speed2spare

2015 Wisconsin Pope & Young

11 posts in this topic

I had a short but great hunt this morning. Was 29 degrees, so made for a nice walk in. Got to my ladder stand at 6:26. At 7:01 it was finally light enough I figured I could shoot so I pulled my watch outta my pocket to see what time it was. 7:25 or so I see this deer about 75 yards away coming down an old logging road that is now only a 4 wheeler trail that I blew open about two weeks ago with the 4 wheeler. I perked up right away seeing it had a huge body and a pretty good rack. At 50 yards I decided I was going to attempt to kill this deer so I get positioned. At 25 yards he hits where two 4 wheeler trails T with the top of the T being kind of rounded so it kind of form a Y. Anyways he hits a nice opening where he can either turn and come right at me and be in front of me at 5 yards which I didn't want or go around the bend making the shot longer and more difficult. So I let the arrow fly when he is in the opening and WHACK. He drops faster then anything I have ever hit with a gun. Spined him, woo hoo he's not getting away! I sat there for a minute dumbfounded on what just went down. In my haste to get down and get things finished I almost forgot to grab my quiver. I get on the ground and walk up to 7 or 8 yards and put one in his vitals. Deciding he wasn't expiring fast enough I put a second kill shot in from short range. Ok, I may have gotten a little excited. And not needed the last arrow. On the very first shot he fell and snapped my arrow. Then with the kill shots they went through him and stuck in the ground so not going all the way through. He kind of rolled a little bit and got them both out of the ground and snapped one of them. So this kill cost me two arrows and 3 broadheads. The first arrow upset me though that was my lucky arrow. This was the 5th buck that one was a part of taking out. That was always my first arrow. Grossed 133" netted 130 4/8". Now I need to harvest a doe which has been difficult to this point this year.

2015%20bow%20buck1_zpskd1chdwb.jpg

2015%20bow%20buck_zps3vycqh87.jpg

Congrats very nice Deer. I should of went out myself this morning I figured it would have been a nice morning.

Way to go, great harvest! Any trailcam pics of this guy?

Sadly no trailcam pics of this one. I usually have two cameras in this area and never gor them out this year. I shot him about 6 yards past where one normally hangs.

Nice buck. Looks like a great hunting area. I hope we continue to get short sleeve weather here in the northeast for a couple more months.

That is sooo awesome John! Thanks for sharing. I got a doe on the ground during archery with my x-bow, but all the rain from the front and the hurricane remnants, this last week cramped our style the final week of muzzle loading, although I did see several deer. I don't expect to be as fortunate as you were, but hope to get a crack at a decent buck during the opening of modern gun in three weeks. Again, congrats on the very nice buck.

Edited by befus