• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

fireman43

Ssii Missing Night Pics

6 posts in this topic

I have a ssII, 503 build that is missing pics. Cam is on bait and it is being eaten so I know deer are there. It seems to get quite a few day pics - tree rats, turkeys and my uncle bringing bait in, but it isn't getting many night pics - as in maybe one or 2 a night.... I am assuming that having a bad ssII battery is the culprit? I just changed it out today, will see if it makes a difference... Wonder why it seems to do fine during the day?- because it is a bit warmer out and the battery is a bit better?

Just curious.

Are you pairing this 503 with a slave flash, small cap mod? Or is it stock? Reason I mention this is because the 503s without the cap mod take a long time to shutter a pic at night when it's trying to charge the flash. During the day with no flash it is much quicker. The SSII doesn't have a cds so the day and night timings in are the same.

Also, using a fresh 1/2 AA always helps as you have already stated.

I was always under the impression that when the board battery starts to go bad the cam will take too many pics of nothing(runaway) Also the SSII uses a lithium battery which unlike alkalines are not really affected by temperature.

Edited by zaj56

The cam has the small cap mod, AA externals, with a 2800, always use Garys batteries for board. It has always worked fine. I will see in the morning if a different battery made a difference.

With the cooler temps at night, the sensor would be more sensitive than in the daytime, so I'm leaning toward the cam is not ready fast enough too, but with the small cap mod, it should be. I do have some programs that use the LED as a light sensor for day/night stuff, but if you just have one of the standard programs, then that wouldn't have anything to do with it.