speed2spare

Questions Dxg 567v

Ok, as usual I am about 5 years behind what everyone is or has been doing. I am thinking it is time to try a video unit. Is there any big difference between the 125 and 567 cameras? I am leaning toward the 567 simply for the fact that it uses AA batteries. First build I am looking at plain jane........daytime only no mic will probably add D externals. If the first one goes well, then I am sure IR with one of Jims arrays and driver combo would be next.

For the 567V:

As the memory cards get larger and have more videos on them does it slow the camera down like say a P32?

About how many 15 second videos would an 8gb card hold?

About how many 15 second videos would one expect off a good set of NIMH AAs?

Can we still get the lens for IRing these without an exchanger?

i'm right there with you... building one now.(waiting on some parts) but the reason I am just now getting started is the jazz 150 has done such a good job for me. I will pay attention to this even though I can't answer any of your questions.. I put externals in the first jazz 150 I made; after that I just used the lithium batteries and they would last all season with juice to spare at the end. I just didn't need them.

you could post in video section also..

good luck

teebo

Edited by teebo

Im way behind on these myself but have a couple dxgs to use. What happened with the bb233 lens we use to use with the jazz? does the 567 need this different lens base to fit? Or will the bb233 work as well?

Guess I'll have a look around at some of the vid threads and see what I can find.

The bb224 is the lens I have found to be best with the 567 and the 125's.  Bases are the same. I  get the lenses at www.elecrronics123.com

5 hours ago, Firemanjim said:

The bb224 is the lens I have found to be best with the 567 and the 125's.  Bases are the same. I  get the lenses at www.elecrronics123.com

Ah, was just looking at them and they are for daytime color. The 233 was what we used before the exchanger stuff came along with no ir filter.

The 224 does not have a color filter on it. It is a ir lense....