pdskal

Crittergetter Pl200ir Build In Progress

Close-up. Leave the board push button in the "off" position.

post-8074-1452454761_thumb.jpg

awesome thread and very very helpful to a newbie like me. Thanks for posting and thanks for all the additional questions you've answered for me over last few weeks!

Did some bench testing today to make sure the camera and internal slave was working together. Everything checked out and I was excited to get this build snapping pics. . The Samsung PL200 is a 4-wire hack, so make sure neither J1 nor J2 is Jumpered on the CG Micro board. The Jumper pads are located inside the Purple Circle in this pic.

post-8074-1452566357_thumb.jpg

Tweaked some Picaxe programming this afternoon.

post-8074-1452571856_thumb.jpg

I primarily wanted to minimize the time the camera stays on after an event in "Trail" Mode. When the camera stays on for 30 seconds, it burns battery power. I've decided to cut it in half, so approximately 15 seconds. Many times when I'm trying a camera for the first time, it may take me a year to tweak the programming to my liking. I'm guessing I'll have many more tweaks as I learn the capabilities of this camera / slave flash combo. Firemanjim has shared a program for us homebrewers to use and play with as we see fit. The base program really helps me understand what's going on the 14M2 chip. Here is the program I've edited and loaded on the chip. Please remember, these tweaks are just my take on how I like my builds to operate.

Here's the Program, couldn't get my computer to attach it to the previous post for some reason. Looks like it showed up fine here.

CritterGetterMICROV7.0BasicPL200with_SlaveControl.txt

:hags house:

Had a little hiccup during testing, more mechanical than anything else. I noticed the extended lens was very snug up to the inside of the glass. I originally drilled a 1" circle and recessed a 1.25" piece of glass to the inside. That idea just was not compatible with the Nanuk case once I got the camera in position. There is a ridge on the inside of the case, just enough to mess with the lens.

The solution was to take a 1.25" hole saw bit and drill out the glass from the outside. This opened things up nicely. Countersunk a 1.5" piece of glass and I'm back in business. This also allows a wider FOV (field of view) for the lens.

post-8074-1453432140_thumb.jpg

The dark looking stuff is some epoxy that was experimenting with. It did not hold up; see my next post.

Here is the 1.5" glass fitted. Need to do more Gooping and make sure it seals up well. You'll notice the epoxy peeled right off the case. I thought it would stick a little better than it did. I'll be adding the 3D camo soon.

post-8074-1453432666_thumb.jpg

Here is the 3D camo I promised on this build. Took me 10 months to get to it. Busy,busy, busy! I've actually had it out in the bush. Just sat on a tree plain Jane for a while, now she's all dressed up! Thought I should add it to my thread for reference.

post-8074-1475895558_thumb.jpg