Sign in to follow this  
TCSCOUT

Up High Cam

Put this camera 15 to 20 feet up a tree. Set it up at the edge of a field because it has a solar charger and I want to see how long the batteries will last. Decided to check it to make sure it's working. Problems is I'm not sure if I turned off the LCD that reads the battery voltage and number of Videos taken :ph34r: Think I did but not sure.

Here are some of the first videos from the camera.

What voltage and how big of a solar panel did you use?

I'm using the 18650. 3 in series, paralleled to 3 more in series. So 6 batteries that have a voltage output of between 11.4 to 12. 6 depending on the charge. I have a solar panel I bought on eBay, I don't know what it's rating is but its for a 12 volt SLA battery. This is the same one I have, don't remember what I paid for mine.

Link: solar panel .

The video camera uses the car charger to start recording so whenever it records it charges the battery a little. It records for 2 min at a time so it charges for 2 minutes when recording day or night off the 18650 batteries. The 18650 batteries charge in the daytime. I have not had it out for over a month yet, but it worked for a month and still had a good charge. I don't how long it will last yet, never left it out long enough to find out. It's my duel SJ1000 Camera with Ralphs board, BF Array, LCD inside and the remote LCD to check the camera Pics and Batteries without going up the camera. Since I need my deer stand to get to it the remote LCD to check the camera PICs and Battery Power is nice.

The color camera is stock so it has a wide view, the IR camera has a different lens and the IR wouldn't be any good way out so that's why the night vids are zoomed and the day are wide, 2 different camera and lens. My IR camera could use a little focusing.

I can't find a picture yet with it on the SJ1000 Build, maybe I didn't take one? But this is the same Solar panel on one of my 360 builds.

Link: 360 Build Solar Panel

Video shows private.

Thought that would work as long as you had the link, had a few views? I changed it so anyone can view it, even without the link. Thanks for telling me.

Roger,

Sounds like you have 3 batteries in series, paralleled with 3 more in series. Tripling a single battery voltage and doubling the mah.

May I ask if you used protected batteries or holders?

And what brand 18650's and their mah rating if you recall.

Roger,

Sounds like you have 3 batteries in series, paralleled with 3 more in series. Tripling a single battery voltage and doubling the mah.

May I ask if you used protected batteries or holders?

And what brand 18650's and their mah rating if you recall.

I use the protected battery and not protected holders. I have heard that some batteries out there are fakes. I have some black ultra-fire 4000mah, some yellow ultra-fire 5000mah, and red trust-fire 3000mah. The 4000mah and 3000mah batteries seem to last longer than the 5000mah. I'm not sure you always get what they tell you. The protected battery is normally a little longer in length than the unprotected ones and is really a tight fit in the battery holders. Seems some battery holders are a little longer and the battery fits better. But I couldn't tell you which ones. I just got some on eBay and the first time the battery was too hard to get in and out, the next ones I got were hard plastic instead of soft and the battery fit better. ko4nrbs has been studying the 18650's, batteries, chargers and holders and posted a lot of information. You could browse that and ask him some questions. I really like the batteries. I have put them in a lot of my builds plan to update some of my favorite builds with them. The batteries I have in the Camera with the solar charger is the black ultra-fire 4000mah 3 in series paralleled with 3 more in series. Like you said triple the single battery voltage and double the mah. I put the wrong description in my post didn't I? Glad you caught that, I'm going to change that, don't want someone doing the wrong thing.

Nice videos, but curious. Is there any way to muffle the wind without destroying the sound?

Some foam over the mic might help? It has an amplifier on the build and that just increases the wind pickup. It was windy and being up in the tree that high doesn't help any. A person could just record with no sound, turn it off. Also if your going to post it and it's bad you can delete the sound and just post the video?