wvridgerunner

Latest Build Pics

Here are a couple pics of my most recent build. It's a Sony P41 in an Otter 3250 with slave (Viv 2000 or 2600 can't recall) and pipe through. I'm using a Bigfoot board for the camera, and an RC Davis slave controller board. I have it wired up with 8AA's for slave power and 6AA's for external camera power. I used Fiebings dark brown leather dye to color the fresnel. I think it came out great, and doesn't affect the sensing capabilities at all. The only thing left to do is find someone that can reprogram the BF board with some custom timings. I'll be sure to post up some critter pics once I get them.

DSC_0005_zpsjvkiax0p.jpg

DSC_0011_zpslktrcxce.jpg

DSC_0013_zps7isup7ru.jpg

Nice build! Should get a lot of picks from that setup.

Great looking build. I wonder if the dye blocks enough light and makes both boards think it's dark all the time so they keep the camera and slave charged 24 hours a day. Well thought out to get it all in there.

Great job....that paint job is very impressive...check with Gary at Snapshot Sniper for programming the BF.

Looking good. I like the way you worked the camo around the flash holes.

Great job fitting all that stuff in and keeping it neat and tidy. looks good on the outside as well.

I wash a bit of watered down hobby paint onto my fresnal lens to take away the bright white appearance, it looks very similar to your dyed method..kind of transparent and has no affect on the sensitivity.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Not sure I'll ever get my builds looking as good as some of you (pdskal, JDH), but I'm slowly improving and learning more after each build.

Nice job!