dgrad

Trailcam Classics

I am not sure where to post this, but I am sick of seeing the "My Day in Hell" thread below. That is a day I would like to forget, and I would appreciate it if someone deleted it !!! We have a "History of Homebrewing" Pinned thread here. I was thinking about a "Homebrew Classic Pictures" thread pinned somewhere. This is just a thought, and I wonder what others think about this idea. Maybe some of the old members that check in here from time to time would add a few pics. Chuck (cnggack) still posts here, and I have enjoyed his pics for 10 or 12 years, since back in the days when Jesse's was the main Homebrew forum. Chuck also posted on the Pix forum.

I have an 1000 gig external hard drive that has pics from as far back as October 2003. I have been going back through some of those pics, and that is what gave me this idea. But it is only a good idea if others are interested. Tonight I was looking through some of my 2008 pictures, and here are a few of my favorites.

This picture was taken by a Sony W55 with a Pixcontroller board. this pic won first place in Jesse's "best bird pic" in 2008

post-5081-1458551332_thumb.jpg

This pic was also taken by a W55/ Pix board

post-5081-1458551668_thumb.jpg

the next two pics were taken by a W90/ Yeti

post-5081-1458551828_thumb.jpg

Another pic of the same buck. We found his sheds near the camera that year

post-5081-1458551950_thumb.jpg

This pic was taken by a W90/ Pix board. I piled rocks in the creek and hid sugar coated donuts in the rocks

post-5081-1458552134_thumb.jpg

W200/ Yeti. This tread is just a suggestion, and you Mods can delete it also after you see it.

Bob

post-5081-1458552304_thumb.jpg

I'm on it Bob, I set your fire thread to invisible. I also created a subforum for Homebrew Classic Photos. -Paul

Thanks Paul. I hope there is some interest in this. I know everyone has some good pictures. I am going to post a few pictures from one of my favorite sequences. Then I am not going to post any more until I see how this goes. I don't want this to be "MY" thread. I have seen some awesome pictures posted over the years.

These pictures in this sequence were taken on October 28, 2008. I posted these pics on Daryl's Real Deal Hunting Chat forum (Whitetail Supply). I posted them there because Daryl loved bear pictures. The first picture is unedited and you can see the entire set. The camera was a w200 with a Yeti board set on "rapid pics mode."

The shadow in the bottom left corner was caused because the flash was too close to the snorkel. I always made allowances for that so I could crop the shadow out. I put a road-killed doe with her belly against the tree. Her head was about 4 feet from a stake where the camera was mounted. I covered the carcass with grass to try to hide it from the camera.

post-5081-1458619877_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

This bobcat laid down and fed on the deer's ass-end for almost an hour. In this pic, it had just got up and appears to be watching something.

post-5081-1458620181_thumb.jpg

Now it's starting to leave

post-5081-1458620319_thumb.jpg

The reason the cat decided to leave

post-5081-1458620464_thumb.jpg

The bear uncovered the carcass and drug it away from the tree

post-5081-1458620623_thumb.jpg

This is the picture that makes this sequence in my opinion. You can see the cat's eyes downhill in the brush. He's watching the bear chow down on his carcass.

post-5081-1458620921_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

After awhile, the bear came over to check out my camera. He got blood on the case, but luckily not on the lens.

post-5081-1458621131_thumb.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.