Sign in to follow this  
bobopool

Eastern Coyotie Where I Live They Can Weaight 70 +lbs

he Eastern coyote (Canis latrans var.), also known as the New England canid or tweed wolf, is a wild North American canid of mixed wolf-coyote parentage present in New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,[2] Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick,[3] Nova Scotia,[4] and Newfoundland and Labrador.[5] It was first noticed during the early 1930s to the late 1940s, and likely originated in the aftermath of the extirpation of the eastern wolf in the southeastern Ontario and the Labrador wolf in the eastern Canadian maritime provinces, thus allowing coyotes to colonize the former wolf ranges and mix with the remnant wolf populations.[6][7] This hybrid is smaller than the pure eastern wolf and holds smaller territories, but is in turn larger and holds more extensive home ranges than the typical western coyote.[6] Hybridization between the coyote and wolf was facilitated by the close relationship between the two species.post-8956-1461348259_thumb.jpg

New_Text_Document__5_.txt

the ones around here can take down a deer very easey we had a woman killed by one a few years back they can go up to 73 lbs b the dnr report I never got a pic of one that big yet ben....

Nice picture Ben, that's a big coyote. The largest coyote that I have killed here weighed 45 pounds. A neighbor a couple of miles up the road called me a few years ago and told me had just watched three coyotes take down a mule deer doe. I went down and killed all three of the coyotes. Two of the coyotes had the doe distracted, while the third ran under her and ripped her open. She was trailing all of her guts when she went down, and it took six hours for her to die. A coyote like the one in your picture is bad news for your game animals. Keep up the great work Ben. You've been posting some good stuff lately.

Bob