Your camera took 374 pictures last night.. It will be very late before I can go through them all and pick out the best ones. But here is one for now. This pictures was taken using ISO 200. It was almost dark, the time is eastern time, it was 7;55 PM here. Next, I will post the tone curve edited version and show how this turns night into day.

Bob

post-5081-1461995251_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tone curve feature does more than just increase brightness. The red thing to the left of the stump is the corner of the coffee can. I will trim the can. More pics later tonight.

post-5081-1461991947_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

On the ground I poured a gallon of garbanzo beans, we call them garbs. A 100 pound bag costs $15.00, and you can't buy a 50 pound of corn for that. Deer, Elk and turkeys are the only critters that eat garbs. So we never have trash pics of coons, mice etc. I poured some scratch grain on the ground with the garbs, and the stump has scratch grain. the camera aim did not see quail and other birds on the ground. I only got this pic of the bird on the ground because of the doe. I changed the aim of the camera.

post-5081-1461986655_thumb.jpg

Nothing special on this check. I would have deleted the entire card without looking at the pics if this were my camera.

post-5081-1461992228_thumb.jpg

another

post-5081-1461992289_thumb.jpg

another

post-5081-1461992351_thumb.jpg

another

post-5081-1461992448_thumb.jpg

Those are nice quality photos!!! Thanks Bob!

When I send your camera, I will send a bag of scratch grain. Instead of putting packing around the camera, I will fill the box up with garbanzo beans. I want you to put the garbs to one side, and your normal bait to the other side. Tell me what happens. Here deer and elk will ignore corn if garbs are present. Your red fox does not like the AFI. If he doesn't get accustomed to it, put a black piece of electrical tape over it for a bit. Foxes and coyotes are the ONLY critters that do not like the AFI. Your coons will not bother the garbs.

Bob

Nice Bob and very generous as well, she'll like that camera.

Thanks Don, I think she will have fun with it.

Cindi, It looks like the batteries are outlasting a 2 gig card, so if you don't have Pro Duos, I would get 4 gig. I was over there all morning and the camera was taking a bunch of pics. You said that you have a friend named Amy. Well Norma has a pet doe named Amy. I was working on Norma's deck when I heard Amy stamping her foot. She was upset because there was no food at the camera. I went and got a bucket of garbs and a bucket of scratch grain. Your camera was taking pics of me dumping the buckets with Amy standing four feet away waiting for me to get out of the way. Your camera will be there until tomorrow morning. I will post pics tomorrow night after I mail the camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4GB-SanDisk-Memory...KsAAOSwo0JWJ1Z9

Edited by dgrad

i have never been able to determine how many pics I get on a battery charge with this camera. Disconnecting the LCD makes a huge difference. A couple of nights ago, I had 374 night flash pics and the battery was showing full power.

They were having a wedding shower at 2:00 PM this afternoon, and I was hurrying to get my work finished so I could get out of the way. I took the W230 home with me last night, and brought it back this morning. I was planning to set it just before I left for the day, but Amy came up and started stamping her foot. When I looked up, she was looking right at me. I turned the camera on and went and got a can of garbs and another can of scratch grain. Then I walked out and stuck the camera in the mount, and then turned to dump the cans of bait.

The battery was fully charged when I took the camera back this morning. I turned it on at 11:05 AM and when I picked it up at 7:30 this evening, it had taken 741 pictures. I took the battery and memory out and put them in an H90. the battery indicator on the LCD was showing the battery still had 3/4 charge on it. The SS2 board was set on trail, and twice today it took 22 pics in 60 seconds. That's a pic every 2.72 seconds.

post-5081-1462164812_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

She has no patience at all. She just wants me to hurry up and get out of her way. I have been feeding her for four years, and I was the one that named her Amy, and she knows her name. My bears all have names, and some of them know their names.

post-5081-1462165072_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

You will love this camera. It takes great pics and lots of them. You may have to slow it down by putting the switch on feeder. When I send you the stuff for your H70 build, I will send you a different camera mount for this camera. This plywood mount has two bushings on it that line up with the eye bolts. The coffee can is not attached. You attach it to a tree, fence post or whatever. Put the bottom screw in first. If you want to use the coffee can for weather protection (winter mostly), slide the coffee can behind the mount and then install the top screw. If you don't use the coffee can, this camera is easy to hide. And if someone finds it, unless they have a cordless drill and T-125 star-drive bit, they can't steal the camera or even open the case. I will also send you a better mount for the h55.

I noticed that you got some scratch grain. Don't dump it in a pile because the deer love it. The first thing Amy is going for is the scratch grain on the stump.

Bob

I forgot to mention that the one battery that is in the camera is outlasting a 4 gig memory. You might want to get 8 gig

post-5081-1462169775_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad