wis2ohio

Wireless/wifi Trail Cam Build?

13 posts in this topic

I've been looking into Wi-Fi and wireless cameras and wondering if anyone has been able to build one yet and if one has been made what's the going rate to have one made?

I see posts from several yrs ago but nothing as of late going something has came to light in the past few yrs.

The problem is the wifi cards have a very short range. I'm playing with one now and may be able to get it working but the cam will need to be with 50-75 yards of the house. You can add repeaters and such to extend the signal.

Thanks for the info. There is a company that makes a camera that serve pics to your phone if you are within 200ft is this a possibility in a build?

Not sure about that one, it very well may be. I did get the wifi card working with a commercial camera that is set up for it. I need a booster to extend the range behind the house though. It does work well in the backyard. After I get this setup working properly I'll try it with a point and shoot camera and then if that works I'll get the cam into a build.

Not sure what camera you are talking. There are several cameras what have Wifi options. Panasonic has some you can link with your phone, camera creates its own wifi network for your phone to connect. You can view/transfer pics from the camera, can even take pics. The only issue is, you have to press the wifi button on camera, then press another button to connect to a new connection or a favorite connection. So I think Johnny's setup with the wifi cards would be a better option.

The camera that I was looking at is a Kodiak series trail camera, it connects to your phone between 100-200 yards from the camera so you don't disturb the area. I would rather have one that someone has made knowing it has been tested and proven to work, the store bought cameras are hit and miss sometimes.

I've seen those Kodiak cameras but don't know much about them. I do have 4 of the cellular Spartan GoCams though.

On 6/16/2016 at 6:53 PM, wis2ohio said:

I've been looking into Wi-Fi and wireless cameras and wondering if anyone has been able to build one yet and if one has been made what's the going rate to have one made?

I see posts from several yrs ago but nothing as of late going something has came to light in the past few yrs.

Wis2ohio any luck on the WiFi Trail Camera , my boss has a fpv transmitter and receiver that he is when he shoots at targets  he has a camera attached to a battery and transmitter that send a signal to the receiver that is attached to a monitor this could be used for long range food plot Camera that is close to a home  almost like  the setup that cuddeback has for there Trail Camera  I think his receiver is 5.8 ghz 

Buckhuntertrailca hve any good ideas to add the fpv receivers and transmitter are only 40 bucks on Amazon I would love to try one of these and see what I can do with it

gdgros, at this stage I am only qualified to read and learn, :) this is all new to me and enjoyable reading after a day's work .