Rena Reed

Bill's Back

Bill has been having sciatica problems for years now but the problem would come and go at times. Last week he started having excruciating pain in his leg. It would start out at the butt cheek and continue all the way down to his heel. It was to the point where he would get this once a year, but has never been this bad. I took Bill to Dr's yesterday and took some x-rays and yeah it's worst than we thought. He has a herniated disc and the Dr. suggested he get it taken care of immediately before it causes more problems. So Bill is going to have microdecompression spine surgery on Monday. The Dr. gave him steroid shots to ease the pain till he gets the surgery done. So please join me on wishing him well and a full and speedy recovery.

Love Rena

Pain is no fun that's for sure. Wishing Bill a fast and speedy recovery!

I too had a herniated disc back in 2013, ended up in hospital as the pain was excruciating. I had a microdiscectomy between L4 and L5 and after following doctors and wife's orders for the full recovery period ( 3 months for me) I haven't looked back.

I'm sure Bill will be ok as well. Please pass on my kind regards to him for a new lease on life.

Hiya guy's sorry I haven't been on sooner just been hectic here lately. Took Bill to his surgery and and didn't get home till late that night. Then had to get up and pick him up at hospital get home and get ready for my first day of work. I had to make arrangements to work 3-11 that day because I had to pick Bill up at hospital. Then get home from work that night and strait to bed to get back up at 6 to be to work for my regular day 7-3. So yeah I needed my beauty sleep haha!! Okay so turns out Bill's back was in worst shape than we had thought. He had Lumbar Spinal Stenosis in L4-L5 and L5-S1 . MicroD surgery now turned into open incision Discectomy/Laminectomy in which they had to remove part of the back vertebrae to get to the affected area to relieve the pressure on his nerves. Bill will be fine in the days to come but he will be sore for some time. He will be on down time for close to 8 weeks to give time for the nerves and muscles to heal. Bill wishes he could be here and do this for himself but it's very hard for him to sit for to long before it gets to uncomfortable. I'm sure within a few weeks you will be seeing him as the pain subsides. We both would like to thank all who were concerned for Bill's health, as it was very appreciated. Also a special TY to my sister Kimmy for taking care of Bill while I am at work Thank you so much sis !! :)

Love Rena

Hiya guy's update on Bill's back. Bill was doing great with his therapy and was starting to walk a little better. Then last Sunday he got up out of bed and was a bit groggy and must have blacked out and fell down the stairs which is a flight of 12. My sister and I had been downstairs in kitchen when this happened. I just wish he would have called for one of us to help him BUT as stubborn as he is well you know the rest. So while he was in the hospital he was complaining that his left leg had been going numb quite often, sometimes 4-5 times a day. So they done some tests and did a CAT scan and the results revealed a compression fracture in L4-L5 so he will need Spinal Fusion Surgery to repair it. Bill is scheduled for surgery tomorrow Tuesday 7/26 at 10:30 am. Please join me in a prayer and wish Bill well on his surgery and for a healthy and speedy recovery.

Love Rena

Wishing the old fellow a successful surgery. The road to recovery will take some time and will be painful at first but he will hopefully do well and be back on his feet before long. Take care buddy, wishing you well.

Done.

Darn it! Hope he gets back to business soon. Prayers sent.

Wow! Rena, thanks for the update. Well wishes sent your way!