dgrad

Sow With Three Cubs

39 posts in this topic

Blondie is shedding her winter coat

post-5081-1471167498_thumb.jpg

I got a bunch more, but I will stop after this one

post-5081-1471167804_thumb.jpg

Great stuff Bob, was this immediate area affected by the fire last year ?

Thanks for all the fine pictures Bob and I love the great stories.

Awesome as always Bob.

thanks for the comments guys. Don this 29 acres of creek bottom was the only part of our property that did not burn up in the fire last August. I just realized why there are so many bears here this year because the blackberries, apple,and cherry trees are the only in this area that survived the fire. There are also black berries everywhere. This is what our property looked like on August 20 last year

post-5081-1471269644_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

Don, Here are some pics that you might like. The fire started at 12:30 PM 400 yards from our house when a combine started a wheat fire. The fire quickly got out of control and by 3:00 PM the firemen made me evacuate and they told me they were not going to be able to save our house because they were about of water. The sheriff's department and the state patrol had a roadblock up by our mailboxes. I was at that roadblock watching my shop, our barn and all of our out buildings burn. Then a miracle happened. Don, I know when you were in the Marine Corps, you were crew chief on the CH53 helicopter, and I was a crew chief on the CH46. Just as I was about to lose everything but the clothes on my back, a Ch46 flew in and the crew chief dumped a 500 gallon bucket of water on our house. I took this pic as they flew over after dumping water on our hous

post-5081-1471271707_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad

They made several trips and that is what saved our house and the creek bottom where I am feeding the bears now. I wish there was some way I could have met and thanked those pilots and crew chief. And I could have told them that I used to do what you are doing. I took this pic at my neighbor''s place two miles from my house. The crew chief is directing the pilots in toward a pond for a refill on the bucket at the end of the long cable

post-5081-1471272064_thumb.jpg

Edited by dgrad