Fryguy

Ir Cameras

I know that I a newbie here. But I have a 3 white flash camera built now and I enjoyed it so some i just bought 10 more S40's. I have read that S40's are difficult to turn into an IR camera. What your all thoughts on a good quality camera that is easy to make into an IR setup? Does the control boards make a difference in the type of build? Is there any type of flash that is preferred by you veteran builders?

I know that I a newbie here. But I have a 3 white flash camera built now and I enjoyed it so some i just bought 10 more S40's. I have read that S40's are difficult to turn into an IR camera. What your all thoughts on a good quality camera that is easy to make into an IR setup? Does the control boards make a difference in the type of build? Is there any type of flash that is preferred by you veteran builders?

In my opinion the Samsung A503 is an excellent IR camera and is inexpensive as well. The hack is easy and well documented. Since the A503 flash is so-so I do the flash capacitor mod on them and use a Vivitar 3700 internal slave flash with them. Lot's of light and excellent pics.

http://www.snapshotsniper.com/PDFS/Samsung...20and%20mod.pdf

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37548

Bill

I forgot to add the A503 will only take up to a 2GB SD card!! Anything larger will not work. It also takes two AA batteries.

I use Bigfoot boards with mine. The A503 is also a real workhorse that has never given me any problems.

Bill

I looking on eBay for some A503's but can't find any as of now is the a second go to camera for IR

I looking on eBay for some A503's but can't find any as of now is the a second go to camera for IR

PM me your address and I will send you one to get you started. My way of giving back to the community that has helped me so much. Give me a couple of weeks because I am out of town for the birth of another Grandaughter.

PM me your address and I will send you one to get you started. My way of giving back to the community that has helped me so much. Give me a couple of weeks because I am out of town for the birth of another Grandaughter.

I call seconds if he doesn't want it, Lol. Been wanting to build an IR a503